The GTR is dead! Long live the cryptolambo!

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
What size pipework is it? If it's 3" I've got a spare clamp in my garage that I could take some measurements of to compare

2.5 inch but it flutes out to 3 inch on the joins. I believe the reason vbands dont work is the seal is made between the neck of the pipe and the clamp, opposed to the 2 faces being flatted against each other like on a vband.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Yea theres some condensation in there, have yet to get a spanner into the back of it to let it air out though, maybe a job tomorrow if the weather is as nice.

Man of Honour
Ok maybe not, turns out theres a load of heat shielding to remove first, and access isnt the easiest. Will wait until new zorst time when the whole back bumper needs to come off.

I blew a reverse light bulb leaving water ingress in the rear collection :( (not quite sure how it happened but it was working before).

EDIT: Can see it here on the left one if you look closely:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32440963

Whole bottom 1/3rd is water - not sure how it got in there as though there is some cracks on the right of the plastic it is just chips off the overhanging bit and the collection itself is sealed.

Somehow happened while it was being serviced and I didn't notice for a few days.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Has it been in there since you had it. Could be an older seal now not doing a good job?

Yea, its a common issue, usually an oring that just needs replacing.

I blew a reverse light bulb leaving water ingress in the rear collection :( (not quite sure how it happened but it was working before).

Theres no sitting water, its just some condensation in the unit. Airing it out and replacing the orings will sort it.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Nothing much to report, new zorst should be here within a week or so woot!

In the meantime, heatwraped the decat pipes, will attempt, if possible, to heatwrap the manifold on the car when its all open, but no idea if it will be accessible enough.

1 inch DEI Titanium wrap, each pipe used 24 ft of wrap and rather happy with the result.

i.php

i.php

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Good work that mate, though personally I'd have ceramic coated them myself.

Pricing just made getting it ceramic coated a bit over the top. Around £130 for each pipe, opposed to £15 each to heat wrap and a bit of my time.

@kindai what do you do for a living? You seem to know a fair bit about metals.

Database work and web design mainly, but I did engineering at A levels.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Hey all!!!

So, today a rather large box turned up :D :D

i.php

i.php

Inside was a small box and a lot of bubblewrap...

i.php

Inside the small box was a bypass kit for the exhaust valves! Woot!

i.php

Now feeling there might be something else in there I removed half the bubblewrap...

i.php

Neatly wrapping that up I found some more bubblewrap, and upon opening it... zorst :D

i.php

i.php

i.php

Went for a kline system as they are offering some amazing discounts and sound absolutely amazing. Welding work while not perfect is more than acceptable for the price.

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

Very happy, will be a shame to wrap it actually as looking at how it would sit in the engine bay it would show those 2 kline badges through the rear grills if someone looked.

Back
Top Bottom