• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Is yours a 6+8 pin card? I think 110% (275W) is the limit for 6+8 pin, whereas 8+8 is 130% (325W).

Even with both my MSI's the limit was 109% and was a 2x8 pin but could do +170 when i had them and could have got them to do more with a voltage increase. To be honest it doesnt make much difference unless the card requires it and if it doesnt overclock well its just not going to use the power.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't get my Gaming 6G above +110. Doesn't seem to make any difference if I give it more voltage. The Nvidia drivers keep crashing

Seems to boost to 1461MHz consistently while running Firestrike Ultra which seems alright.

Associate
i cant go past 150 on core clock or i start seeing red blotches on the screen, upping voltage does nothing to help, im happy with the card at 1492Mhz anyway - top card, have you guys set custom fan profiles ?

Caporegime
Just make sure you are using the latest 353.49 drivers :) If you are, then perhaps the only way is a modified bios with gives you a more stable higher voltage

Associate
Finally managed to get those pesky reference screws off. Had to drill them out in the end but Im happy with it now

20150711_222138_zpsjpfohqlw.jpg

Soldato
I can't get my Gaming 6G above +110. Doesn't seem to make any difference if I give it more voltage. The Nvidia drivers keep crashing

Seems to boost to 1461MHz consistently while running Firestrike Ultra which seems alright.

Sounds like ours are very similar. If not identical.

Good enough though.

Soldato
well, I was usntable at +180. crashing within seconds of running firestrike, if it even loaded it. Just benched at +200. Now to totally re test the OC on the card lol.

Spoke too soon - afterburner hadn't actually applied the setting even though it said it had lol. Am stable at 180 now, but 185+ is still unstable. Voltages of +15,25, 40, 87 do nothing, crashes driver/hard lock pretty quickly.

Associate
Where did you get them back plates? I want one!!!

OcUK dont sell them afaik but Im sure you can find them with your super awesome Google skills!

Ive not added any manual overclock I just let GPU boost do its thing and put PL to 110% and temp limit to 85 and Ive seen go as high as 1300 if its within temp target.

mine are SC reference versions btw

Back
Top Bottom