• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
OcUK dont sell them afaik but Im sure you can find them with your super awesome Google skills!

Ive not added any manual overclock I just let GPU boost do its thing and put PL to 110% and temp limit to 85 and Ive seen go as high as 1300 if its within temp target.

mine are SC reference versions btw

I have no super awesome Google skills. I will do a proper look when I'm on my PC but can't seem to find them after a quick search.

Well I found one, which I clicked buy on, got to check out and noticed that it came with a gpu attached and was £600! Oops! :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
I've been too scared to modify the voltage, I've heard bad things!

My afterburner looks like this:

XMDNN39.png

The power doesn't get anywhere close to 130% used though, sits around 93% under Firestrike/Heaven/Valley.

Why are you scared to modify the voltage? Ive done it with every card I've owned. What horror stories have you heard?

Soldato
Here are my cards, can't get the camera to pick up the UV coolant properly, it looks more like a dark teal with a soft glow in the dark. Started to re do my cpu loop today, until I realized I hadn't bought any new fittings for it, so that will have to wait (hence the dust/stained tubing/not being UV like it should be), also OCUK are still OOS on the EVGA SLI bridge so I have a boring Asus one :(

zFiSh56h.jpg

4ju8IJHh.jpg

SEy4B5gh.jpg

Associate
Why are you scared to modify the voltage? Ive done it with every card I've owned. What horror stories have you heard?

I've heard that it can ruin the hardware, which is a risk I have never needed to take. I have only cared about performance since this week (when I got my new card), it's been fun learning really.

On a side note, my card refuses to go over 93% power used, even though it's set to 130% in Afterburner, is this normal?

UHhbzWF.png

Associate
so now that people have had their cards for a while...are you enjoying it? Did you make the right purchase? How's it benching in Firestrike Extreme?

(I know I can check the benchmark thread and I have multiple times but you can't really see the brand of the cards there to see if one brand scores better than another or if 6+8 or 8+8 scores better)

submitting my score to the benchmark thread in the next few minutes but here is my score - 9079 overall, graphics 9914 (http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5335889)

Edit - that's from my lovely EVGA 980ti Hybrid...aka Silent McSilent

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18487344

Last edited:
Associate
I'm enjoying it. It's a fairly new experience for me, compared to 2012 where I just bought the best I could afford, stuck it in my PC and left it for a few years. Reading forums, looking on YouTube videos about hardware in general has definitely been a great experience for me, but I also feel so new I feel like I'm bugging people by posting here with stuff :p

Managed to clock my 980Ti G1 up to 1560MHz core with +87mV, but it thermal throttled at 70c down to 1546... I'm not going to complain though.

1546/2000 is really nice either way.

Edit: +50mV is working just as fine. Yay.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone know what the difference is between the evga superclocked acx and the superclocked+ acx? The specs look identical and the + is a tenner more.

Associate
So been waiting for my evga hybrid far to long now so canceled it, I'm now the owner of the msi gaming 6g and all I can say is it's class. Stock volts running at 1535 power set to 109 not touched memory yet been running stable in bench and games. I'm sure I could go a lot higher with more voltage,fan noise what fan noise lol and asic was 79. Thanks to a few people on here and my good friend oldestgregg for recommending it..

Associate
What core V are ppl running on? My amp extr is 1187mv and running stable at boost clocks of 1454 core and 1800 mem. Just wondering how much more mv the core can take.

Soldato
What core V are ppl running on? My amp extr is 1187mv and running stable at boost clocks of 1454 core and 1800 mem. Just wondering how much more mv the core can take.

Only add voltage if the card goes unstable, my gaming 6 is doing 1535 on stock volts but it actually hits the power limit if I try to go any any higher on boost or volts, with +50mv it only does 1525 as it just hits the power limit sooner

These cards really need an unlocked / higher tdp in BIOS to really stretch their legs

You can use gpu-z to download the BIOS and Maxwell BIOS tweaker to read what values it has

+87mv is perfectly safe inn any case

Back
Top Bottom