• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
I know for a fact Gigabyte G1 have a plastic film on the fan cover like you mention. So at somepoint that card has being used. Send it back to us or wherever you got it from.

Drop a post in CS forum and link them to my reply here if it is from us as I know for a fact Gigabyte cards have the film on fan shroud.

My card I got from Gigabyte was brand new and even though the box/static bag was not sealed the fan cover did have a plastic film.

Your static bag also looks like it had a fight with Mike Tyson, looks used for sure.

OK I will drop a post in the CS forum then, thanks for confirming that information Gibbo.

Soldato
My OC has me hitting the powerlimit every now and again.

Demanding session in pcars show 5 spikes of hitting the limit. This results in a momentary downclock of 9mhz.

Is this a problem from a longevity perspective?

Soldato
I know for a fact Gigabyte G1 have a plastic film on the fan cover like you mention. So at somepoint that card has being used. Send it back to us or wherever you got it from.

Drop a post in CS forum and link them to my reply here if it is from us as I know for a fact Gigabyte cards have the film on fan shroud.

My card I got from Gigabyte was brand new and even though the box/static bag was not sealed the fan cover did have a plastic film.

Your static bag also looks like it had a fight with Mike Tyson, looks used for sure.

I've just opened my G1 Gaming and it's the same. Box flap was open, static bag wasn't sealed and no film on the fans.

What's going on man, are there lots of returns on these? :mad:

Associate
I've just opened my G1 Gaming and it's the same. Box flap was open, static bag wasn't sealed and no film on the fans.

What's going on man, are there lots of returns on these? :mad:

I've seen more complaints of coil whine from G1 owners than any other model to be honest, but that could be amplified because they are very popular cards. Does seem to be a lottery though as some people get absolutely no whine.

Soldato
I've seen more complaints of coil whine from G1 owners than any other model to be honest, but that could be amplified because they are very popular cards. Does seem to be a lottery though as some people get absolutely no whine.

It might not just be coil whine. The fans look misaligned, they are all sitting around 10-15mm lower at one end than the other. Could someone confirm if this is normal?

I really don't fancy powering this card up until I'm sure.

I3M8nPGh.jpg

Bq7GAYVh.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
My OC has me hitting the powerlimit every now and again.

Demanding session in pcars show 5 spikes of hitting the limit. This results in a momentary downclock of 9mhz.

Is this a problem from a longevity perspective?

Ive OC'd my TX to 1450mhz and I get a lovely pattern of up and down lines in the power limit graph. It fluctuates between 1430 and 1450 in crisis 3 under constant load but its not a problem

Soldato
Ive OC'd my TX to 1450mhz and I get a lovely pattern of up and down lines in the power limit graph. It fluctuates between 1430 and 1450 in crisis 3 under constant load but its not a problem

Cheers mate. 1452 is my stable oc it appears. Keep it under 68 and I don't get any reduced boost due to temps (if I do its -13mhz)..but the odd powerlimit hit knocks clock down 9mhz. But that is just.spikes.

Soldato
Yup. But it will down clock 13 mhz at roughly 67. Then another 13 at 78 people say.

I've not seen my temps above 75 yet. Lots are sighting thus "feature".

You not noticed it setter? Maybe not all cards are equal but my googling suggests its a bios feature which can be altered by flashing.

Back
Top Bottom