• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Finally got my EVGA references into the 900D, the case is awesome. The cards are seriously noisy compared to my old MSI 980TI's. Heat coming out the back of the case is unreal, might have to hang some marshmellows behind it lol. Cant wait to watercool them :).

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally got my EVGA references into the 900D, the case is awesome. The cards are seriously noisy compared to my old MSI 980TI's. Heat coming out the back of the case is unreal, might have to hang some marshmellows behind it lol. Cant wait to watercool them :).

Well, reference will almost always be louder, and the amount of heat coming off them won't change, its just how fast that heat is moved from the gpu that changes.

Soldato
Tell me about it, when my PC is out during 'testing mode' the back of the case is pointing towards my leg - it's like having a little heater!.

Associate
finally managed to have a bit of a blast with the G1. After switching from 780ti SLI there is a huge difference in Shadow of Mordor at 1440p. Its wonderfully smooth. very happy with the swap :cool:

Soldato
put the SC 1.281mv bios on and it runs great gone from +160 core clock at (1350mhz reported from GPU-z) to 1450mhz or from +160 to +260 :). Not for air though just left on stock settings again now.

Wouldnt go to 1281mv though only 1.274mv i noticed.

Still cant wait for these waterblocks :D.

Last edited:
Caporegime
finally managed to have a bit of a blast with the G1. After switching from 780ti SLI there is a huge difference in Shadow of Mordor at 1440p. Its wonderfully smooth. very happy with the swap :cool:

I switched from 980SLi and even I can tell a difference. Higher minimums (and generally a more evenness) are making up for the superior highs of the SLi rig :)

Caporegime
My chip won't go above 1274mv either I would guess it depends on ASIC quality mine is in the 60s, not that I'm bothered mind very happy with my current 1500mhz (on water). I can't get over how smoothly GTA V runs but then coming from a 3GB 780Ti the extra memory might have a lot to do with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
My chip won't go above 1274mv either I would guess it depends on ASIC quality mine is in the 60s, not that I'm bothered mind very happy with my current 1500mhz (on water). I can't get over how smoothly GTA V runs but then coming from a 3GB 780Ti the extra memory might have a lot to do with it.

yeah shouldnt really matter and I wouldnt worry one of mine is 63% and the other 74% but im not really botherd though or willing to try send one back because of it. Im happy and will be watercooling soon so hopefully will be able to push them further. Just waiting for bits now :(.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ive heard they pretty good but MSI (for me at least) have been kicking out this fantastic cooling system for ages and have more brand recognition. I know when I buy a gaming edition card it will be very quiet and very fast. The AMP card is a bit of an unknown quantity

Back
Top Bottom