• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

980Ti SLI @ 1080p would be a complete waste. A single 980Ti could handle 1440p no problem, so I'd be changing the monitor rather than adding a card if it was me.

See this quote often. I run 980ti sli 1515/2005 under water at 1080p 120hz and still drop to 50-60fps in games like witcher 3 using ultra settings and 4k dsr

It most definitely isnt a waste

See this quote often. I run 980ti sli 1515/2005 under water at 1080p 120hz and still drop to 50-60fps in games like witcher 3 using ultra settings and 4k dsr

It most definitely isnt a waste

Well at 4k naturally you would. But that is extreme configurations, and tbh I've run at 4k DSR and couldn't see a difference between 1.75x in Witcher 3. Well not to thrash my cards like that anyway.

Last edited:
And also its not even a shooter...why would you care at being 120hz? 60 is perfect for it. There is absolutely no benefit being above 60hz in witcher 3...so as String says - a complete waste.

Yep, just checked and its the same - SLI off/gsync on = DSR
SLI on with gsync monitor connected (even if gsync off) = no DSR

Having said that, if I need SLI for a game then I'd rather have gsync than DSR

The way I see it is:

You will always be using your monitor, you won't always be using your graphics card... So the monitor is the sensible upgrade first - It's not like your 980Ti is going to struggle with any monitor you decide to buy, really.

So, just spent the evening fitting a couple of H55s and Kraken G10s to my MSIs. It seemed to take forever to wire it all in to the Aquaero etc but I've just finished.

I swapped the stock fans for GT15s and have done a quick run of firestrike, both cards maxed at 52 degrees so I'm happy, probably going to take a few days of playing around with fan curves in aquasuite to get it perfect i'm sure.

hi Arcane do you have a pictures of your cards with the Krakens fitted?

hi all

how do the temps compare between the Inno3d 980Ti Hybrid Black and EVGA Hybrid

Thinking of selling my Gigabyte 980ti g1 and going for one of the water cooled ones :)

hi all

how do the temps compare between the Inno3d 980Ti Hybrid Black and EVGA Hybrid

Thinking of selling my Gigabyte 980ti g1 and going for one of the water cooled ones :)

Can't help you with the EVGA but my inno3d runs at 57-62 in games and 24 idle.
Currently have the radiator as an intake with the fan pushing air into it, am yet to experiment with changing it.

Am waiting to near back from inno3d about changing the fan whether it would void my warranty or not, but feel the fan isn't that great. During my normal 5 minute faffing when getting a new fan to try work out which way it blows, I couldn't tell a difference between the two sides. In the end, noticed it actually had an arrow printed on it ...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I turned off all the fans except the CPU and Graphics Card Memory + the fan on the radiator so should hopefully give you an idea. (While in game - LED green showing medium load)

Have heard the pump whine twice so far which it seems to do on boot up and once when I closed a game for a second, assuming it had something to do with load level dropping so suddenly.

Overall very happy with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom