• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

It is one of the better coolers at the lower end for custom 980ti`s are all your thermal pads lined up and touching the chips properly.

Everything appears to be good. In honesty i cannot grumble at that memory value.
My games absolutely fly. i have never been able to run Crysis 3 fully maxed out with every detail on above 100 fps 1440p before so im a happy man.

Is it due to the efficient architecture of the 980Ti that the reference card (especially water cooled) is as good as it gets?

After months reading about the various models, I realized how silly it is all this marketing towards custom board designs with extra power phases.
Terms like "elite tier", "super pipes", "military Class", and everything concerning Asic.

The best card is a simple and cheap reference model with a custom loop.
That's it for my mini rant, next time I read "eilite tier" I'll punch hole through my monitor. Damn marketing ruining the world.

Last edited:
"simple" and "custom loop" :D

I don't really buy into it all, but I base my purchases more on aesthetics than functionality... I don't think anyone outside of SFF and/or a custom loop should buy a reference cooler though, unless they're going 3 way SLI (but why would you on a 980Ti?)

I've been offered £500 for my G1 Gaming a couple of times, tempted to sell it on and get the HoF for its aesthetics - but the fan controller would annoy me.

Everything appears to be good. In honesty i cannot grumble at that memory value.
My games absolutely fly. i have never been able to run Crysis 3 fully maxed out with every detail on above 100 fps 1440p before so im a happy man.

Yes an extra 50 on the memory clock taking it to 500 in afterburner = 8000 will not make any difference when it comes to gaming.Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom