• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Probably the wrong place to ask but the block picture reminded me, and I don't fancy making a thread for it - How much would it cost for a custom loop, one GPU setup?

Cheers... That's not happening for a while then - I'd rather just get another 980Ti for that >_<

Same :D. i could have bought another with my wc money. But to put simply the cards would have been on fire in 3 way SLI without watercooling. Bad enough in SLI with 2 MSI 6G's. Left mine on 70% fan speed as a test on the battlefield beta, not a good idea. Top one throttled at 91c lol. And that was the only one being used...

Weird, im running a strix and an MSI in sli at 60% fan and 1450 and my top card gets to 80C tops
My mobo does have a full slot gap between the cards, were yours quite tight?

i've bought a core x9. hoping the horizontal layout will help temps when I go SLI.

I've got the 6g, but I think the next one will be a ref with AIO and I'll "hide it" behind the nice looking 6g.

Just got new MSI 980Ti Lightning

Delivered Friday and now all installed and up and running :D

Lucky I have a big case cos this is a very long card - had to move a couple of my internal drives to the very bottom of the case to clear the back end of it - lol

Anyways, it does what it says on the tin - was hoping for Samsung memory, but I have seen OCs close to 1.5 GHz Boost clock frequencies with Hynix, so can't complain really.

Temps are soooooo cool at 30C at 40% fan speed at idle (in audable) and no coil whine at all - havn't tested under load yet - but all the signs are looking good :D

One thing I am pleased with is the ASIC score of 76.8% - It could have been much worse!

UqqQm2W.png

Last edited:
Weird, im running a strix and an MSI in sli at 60% fan and 1450 and my top card gets to 80C tops
My mobo does have a full slot gap between the cards, were yours quite tight?

No there was a slot inbetween them on my X99 board. Plenty of air into the case but they still got hot. It was pinned out on battlefield. Even on bf4 they reached 82-85c quite easily aswell as having the fans over 80%.

My reference EVGA's cooled better in SLI before i watercooled them at a max of 77c. Now im running on bf4 at 144hz with a max of 42c. Usually running around 36c on each card with 160mhz overclock (1450mhz boost). They are full blocks so VRMS are cooled aswell which adds some heat into the loop :).

Just a little input on asic scores, i previously had 2 msi gtx 980ti gaming's with an asic of 81 and 79 and they didn't overclock at all, hell they were not even stable at stock, kept giving me blue screens after a lot of testing and buying new parts :/ i ended up having to undervolt the pair which worked but i ended up sending it back and getting a 2 gigabyte 980ti g1, these have an asic of 61 and 71 and both overclock to 1533mhz and 550 on the ram at stock volts , granted it's a tad louder than the msi but its stable as a rock, asic score means absolutely nothing lol and also i will not be buying anything msi again - pathetic

Last edited:
What I mean is, they're not going to get you anything particularly beyond a kraken G10+AIO cooler.

Paying another £150+ for a hybrid when the G10+AIO can be had for £60 seems kinda crazy.

What you have to take into consideration is if your card manufacturer invalidates warranty for replacing the cooler. £60 yes but do you take the risk?
In my case I did and went hell for leather on the EVGA AIO. Bye Bye Zotac warranty.
The other issue with the Kraken is no VRM heatsinks. The fan blowing on them is not really enough.

What you have to take into consideration is if your card manufacturer invalidates warranty for replacing the cooler. £60 yes but do you take the risk?
In my case I did and went hell for leather on the EVGA AIO. Bye Bye Zotac warranty.
The other issue with the Kraken is no VRM heatsinks. The fan blowing on them is not really enough.

I'm in the same boat, I wanted to fit the EVGA AIO to a 980ti so I got the cheapest reference card available: the zotac, problem is zotac void warrenty when stock cooler is removed :rolleyes: sod it I'm gonna have to pluck up the courage to do it soon, oh btw Varkanoid did you leave a review of the EVGA AIO on the "other" places website lol

I'm in the same boat, I wanted to fit the EVGA AIO to a 980ti so I got the cheapest reference card available: the zotac, problem is zotac void warrenty when stock cooler is removed :rolleyes: sod it I'm gonna have to pluck up the courage to do it soon, oh btw Varkanoid did you leave a review of the EVGA AIO on the "other" places website lol

I put my hybrid coolers on my Zotac's over the weekend, looks longer than expected due to the number of screws on the ref cooler but it would think Zotac would find it hard to tell if I ever took the card apart or not, you don't even need to remove the base plate.

I've not pushed it yet but 45c after 45mins of 100% haven load @1400mhz (stock volts) is not bad, I did use GC-3 Extreme though.

Oh and I did'nt get them from OCUK in-case the don's are reading :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom