• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

I'd leave it especially if your achieving another +233mhz on the core boost. To be fair for a single card an AIO isn't bad. Custom loop would be better but comes with a lot more cost just for 1 GPU. My 980Ti's still get warm at around 40-42c (summer temps) maxed out with a custom bios with Full cover blocks (gaming in the mid 30s). Dependant on room temp aswell. Coldest they have been is 32c maxed out once the weather cooled a bit. Winter should be even better :).

+you do need full cover blocks unless you put Heatsinks and a fan on the VRMs.

Yeah, I have a custom loop, which is why I have some old core blocks and don't mind slapping one on (as I'm half thinking of redoing my loop in copper pipe anyway), but as my temps are currently "good" for benching I'd rather try the bios first to see if it's worth it

Guys im a master that screwdrivered brand spanking new 7950 while taking stock cooler off to put waterblock on. That learned me to not rush as card arrived 2 hours before that not even been started up :D

Two days later i had another 7950 and this time have not killed it :D So when i get ti it runs on max stable clock all the time or DIES and I just LAUGH EVIL WAY :D

Damn back in the old days i used to do hard mods on my GPUs to have moar power :D

Last edited:
I run mine at so it boosts to 1414MHz (+72 Core Clock in AfterBurner), but it nearly always steps down to about 1400MHz. No extra voltage needed, just Power% to maximum in AfterBurner.

I've got an extra 150MHz on the core taking it to 1328MHz and boosts to around 1470Mhz, temperature dependant. No extra voltages, just the power limit set to max which is 109%, If I remember correctly.

Gigabyte 980TI G1 Gaming, added 120% power , 120mhz core , boosts to 1499.99 mhz and stays there when gaming, temps 65-74c , fan on auto , reaches 60% ,

Question for the owners.

Super Jetstream
Inno 3D Herculez
KFA Black Edition.
Inno3D has a 28 day RMA time even though OCUK handle the RMA if its over 28 days then you must wait for Inno3D in Asia to either repair or authorise OCUK to replace the card. I have already been told by Bailey I must wait the 28 days to have mine either repaired/replaced.

I still love the actual card as it was silent & dealt smoothly with everything @ 4K but the RMA is unacceptable to me so I can no longer support the brand sadly :(

Last edited:
Question for the owners.

Super Jetstream
Inno 3D Herculez
KFA Black Edition.

I've used the Reference 980 Ti, the MSI Gaming 980 Ti (Considered to be one of if not the best air cooled card) and now the Inno3D Hybrid Black.

The Inno card is my fav by a long long way, average of 52C gaming temp, quiet / no coil whine and huge clocks at stock. It's worth a lil extra over those cards for the much better cooling.

Can't recommended this card enough >>>>>>> https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-057-IN

Last edited:
Question for the owners.

Super Jetstream
Inno 3D Herculez
KFA Black Edition.
I have a Super Jetstream and am extremely happy with it. The cooler is almost freakishly quiet and temperatures never get above the low 70s. Mine is a good overclocker with a decent ASIC too (76.6%), though obviously your mileage may vary there.

Back
Top Bottom