• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Whats a decent PSU for 980TI SLI? Can i make do with 1000watt? or do i need a 1300watt? thanks

For a single card or sli? How far do you plan to overclock? My rig in sig uses approx. 400 in games at stock, with the card overclocked with custom bios it pulled around 520 watts from the wall this was with cpu still at stock even with an overclock on cpu you should be fine with a 1000 watt PSU :D

A 850w SuperFlower or Evga unit would do you proud.

(Note; Wattage figures are from the Corsair link software).

Last edited:
Associate
For a single card or sli? How far do you plan to overclock? My rig in sig uses approx. 400 in games at stock, with the card overclocked with custom bios it pulled around 520 watts from the wall this was with cpu still at stock even with an overclock on cpu you should be fine with a 1000 watt PSU :D

A 850w SuperFlower or Evga unit would do you proud.

(Nkte; Wattage figures are from the Corsair link software).

It would be for SLI my CPU is allready overclocked to 4.5ghz,
So i want to keep my GPU overclock at 240+ on the core. I was going to buy this one EVGA SuperNova G2 1300W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply

Associate
With a 3570 I'd imagine a 1000W is fine, gold/platinum EVGA/SuperFlower. With a heavily overclocked X99 CPU I'd be a bit worried and probably get 1200W myself... But I'd rather have more wattage than not enough!

The PSU you suggested will be more than enough even if you planned to get a heavily overclocked 5820k/5930k/5960x in the future.

Associate
Ok thanks for your help guys.but i think i might go for the EVGA SuperNova G2 850W '80 Plus Gold'
As im not planning to go SLI this year,it might not be even next year, So i think a 850w will do me fine.
thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
Associate
Ok thanks for your help guys.but i think i might go for the EVGA SuperNova G2 850W '80 Plus Gold'
As im not planning to go SLI this year,it might not be even next year, So i think a 850w will do me fine.
thanks for your help :)

I'm currently using a gold 850W with a 5820k overclocked to 4.5GHz and a G1 Gaming 980Ti overclocked to 1520/2000, and it's doing fine, so good choice!

Soldato
The reference cooler can get annoyingly loud, i contemplated selling at switching to a custom cooled model but the cost was too much to eat.

hNWFIdx.jpg

Associate
I have it at +126MHz on the core and +496 on the memory (Afterburner). I had to drop the memory down to +296 because GTA started acting funny with it though.

Soldato
I have it at +126MHz on the core and +496 on the memory (Afterburner). I had to drop the memory down to +296 because GTA started acting funny with it though.

funny you should mention that, i also play GTA5, after 2 hrs it of playing gave direct 3d error, i use OC guru, whats the memory speed total ?

i myself have core 120mhz which gives 1500mhz boost and doesnt dip, but still playing around with memory

thanks

Associate
Does OCGuru report your memory as 1750MHz, 3500MHz, or 7000MHz at stock?

Respectively mine was reported at the following (at +296): 1975MHz, 3950MHz, or 7900MHz.

Afterburner reports the middle number, and GPU-Z reports the first number, not a clue what OC Guru reports.. It's pretty confusing so I don't blame you for not being up to speed :p

Associate
Oh my, is my HoF done for?
After a reboot the vga light didn't come on for about ten seconds, then it started showing artefacts.

It also crashes after ten minutes of gaming (happened before the artefacts three times today).

Back
Top Bottom