• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
What is with your luck Razor :/

Have you tried underclocking your memory and seeing if that fixes the artefacts? Either way, RMA time for you, I think :l - You shouldn't have to underclock for it to be stable.

Associate
Everything is back to factory default, but the artefacts are still there.
If they give me a refund at least I can avoid this card (for the fan issue).

EDIT: Just realized there's no refund after one month. Guess I'll get another noisy card.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does OCGuru report your memory as 1750MHz, 3500MHz, or 7000MHz at stock?

Respectively mine was reported at the following (at +296): 1975MHz, 3950MHz, or 7900MHz.

Afterburner reports the middle number, and GPU-Z reports the first number, not a clue what OC Guru reports.. It's pretty confusing so I don't blame you for not being up to speed :p

reports 7010MHz at stock, weird there is different ways its reported, be so much simpler if they stuck with one , i had it at 7900mhz and gave error on GTA5 this was after 1hr-30mins of playing, maybe it was my cpu overclock, will keep trying till i get it right :D

shame even with this card GTA5, at 1080p , 2xAA , grass very high still struggles in rural areas, and i thought 980ti at 1080p was overkill

Soldato
Is there a problem with Heaven ?

At the end the screen shot says I have 4095mb of VRAM.

Edit: nevermind just found the Heaven thread.

Last edited:
Associate
There's always the beloved Haswell gpu :p

I was uninstalling the drivers with DDU and I noticed there were no artefacts in safe mode: due to the lower res I guess.

Good luck with the RMA either way!

i had it at 7900mhz and gave error on GTA5 this was after 1hr-30mins of playing, maybe it was my cpu overclock, will keep trying till i get it right :D

shame even with this card GTA5, at 1080p , 2xAA , grass very high still struggles in rural areas, and i thought 980ti at 1080p was overkill

Did you notice any artefacting or anything? Admittedly 7900MHz is kinda high, and my 980Ti is a fairly good overclocker, so feel free to dial it down. You aren't going to notice a huge difference between 7500MHz and 8000MHz in all honesty.

And yeah, Grass on GTA absolutely wrecks your FPS, I just turned mine down a few notches to either medium or high, I don't remember which.

Is there a problem with Heaven ?

At the end the screen shot says I have 4095mb of VRAM.

Perfectly normal, mine does too. Speccy even reports it as 2048MB :p

Soldato
Good luck with the RMA either way!

Did you notice any artefacting or anything? Admittedly 7900MHz is kinda high, and my 980Ti is a fairly good overclocker, so feel free to dial it down. You aren't going to notice a huge difference between 7500MHz and 8000MHz in all honesty.

And yeah, Grass on GTA absolutely wrecks your FPS, I just turned mine down a few notches to either medium or high, I don't remember which.

Perfectly normal, mine does too. Speccy even reports it as 2048MB :p

no artefacting at all , just did exit with direct 3d error this was after playing for 1hr 30mins, played today longer with 7500mhz memory for 2hrs no issues , it might have been my cpu overclock, just will keep testing ,

Associate
I get D3D crashes in F1 2015 unless I am running at stock GPU clocks, it tells me I ran out of Video Memory not long after too (weird cause it's only using 3.6gb)

D3D crashes are GPU based so just tone back your clocks if you start getting them - Each game reacts differently :)

Associate
About to buy the Msi Gaming. When you've returned two cards and are about to RMA the third, you just want something reliable. Who cares if I lose 50 Mhz ._.

I'll just sell the HoF when it comes back, won't lose much.

Associate
I was going to sell my G1 Gaming and get the HoF, but you've put me right off.

Not too sure what to do because I wanted a white card... The MSI would be my choice if I didn't care about aesthetics, but the red would stick out like a sore thumb. The Palit Super Jetstream? Not too sure if anyone's had any problems with that. My 980 version of it was pretty quiet though, and quietness is an aspect I value highly.

Associate
Anything wrong with your G1? Whine? Thinking about it since all I care is idle noise, if it's loud during load is fine.

This is what I didn't need: wasting time deciding for a gpu XD

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, but my PSU has a subtle whine too, so I'm not sure if it's a combination of both.

This is my third G1, and 2nd PSU, so as you can imagine I am fairly tired of it.

Soldato
Yep, but my PSU has a subtle whine too, so I'm not sure if it's a combination of both.

This is my third G1, and 2nd PSU, so as you can imagine I am fairly tired of it.

Ah, I feel your pain, such a shame when a new GPU has annoying coil whine.

Hopefully NVIDIA will work to eliminate the coil whine that's plagued the 970/980 range in their next GPU architecture.

Soldato
my G1, doesnt coil whine at all when gaming, when gaming i get slight whine from PSU but its like a low buzz have to listen carefully to hear it , once fans spin up and game sound i cant hear it , so i can live with that, and the card overclocks like a beast

i tried 3 PSU's, my old coolermaster silent pro 850 made the loudest coil whine, then tried EVGA 850 G1 and Corsair HX1000i both made same low whine

Last edited:
Associate
Think my 2 week old Palit is heading for RMA, woke up this morning turned the machine on to be greeted with bad screen flicker, artifacting and colour bands across the screen persisted through 3 reboots then disappeared. Will keep an eye on this now if it happens again will swap it out for my 290 just to make 100% sure its not the screen and it can go back.

Back
Top Bottom