• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Only ran heaven for about 15 mins this morning at those clocks, will give it a proper test this evening. Although I don't like idea of putting more volts through, so may take it back to 100 on the core and reduce the volts to stock.

This has been running for the last hour.

980ti_zps0bcvypsg.png
[/URL][/IMG][/URL][/SPOILER]

Going leave at this now.

Only ran heaven for about 15 mins this morning at those clocks, will give it a proper test this evening. Although I don't like idea of putting more volts through, so may take it back to 100 on the core and reduce the volts to stock.

What volts did you need to add? It seems whatever I add in software I still get VRel (limited by voltage reliability) and VOp (limited by operating voltage) unless I change the voltage in the bios and flash - this is seen in gpuz sensors

What did you run for an hour - Bench / Game?

I had heaven running for about an hour to achieve the screen above. That is with +140 core +0 mem 110 power limit and +50 core voltage, all within MSI Afterburner.

Just had an hour playing the division and all stable, peak temp was 47c.

Started to see hard crashes today...Loaded up Elite dangerous for the first time in months and after 15 mins get a strange crash, the screen went black but I could still hear sound as if the game was active but couldn't get past the black screen and had to power off, it wouldn't even reset. Tried again and twice had the same thing happen. Thought it was probably something with E.D. but now it's doing it in other games, Furmark is crashing every time after a few minutes. Any ideas?

I had the black screen and sound earlier when i ramped up volts and power in tables in the bios. Temps were actually fine for air (70c)
I got annoyed so went back to my stock unlocked bios

Ive water cooled my MSI 6g. Now I can hit much better clocks. 1520 game stable. But to be honest ive put it back to 1430. Super cool and quiet. It makes little difference in games.

Also water cooling a g6. Stable at 1530/2008. Again, I'm considering dialing it back a bit. I'm on 1440p but with gsync on my monitor am not so fussed about squeezing out the odd extra fps.

I had the black screen and sound earlier when i ramped up volts and power in tables in the bios. Temps were actually fine for air (70c)
I got annoyed so went back to my stock unlocked bios

It's stock (factory overclocked KFA2 HOF) and I've never played with the clocks. Anyway it's now crashing the display driver when booting into windows so I'm guessing it's borked. :( I'll try it in another machine tomorrow but it looks like RMA time.

It's stock (factory overclocked KFA2 HOF) and I've never played with the clocks. Anyway it's now crashing the display driver when booting into windows so I'm guessing it's borked. :( I'll try it in another machine tomorrow but it looks like RMA time.

Have you tried older Nvidia Drivers? Few posts in the Nvidia thread about broken current drivers.

So when's the right time to start selling our GTX 980 ti:s? :p Pascal launch is getting closer, and if I sell it early I can probably make a few bucks if I then choose the GTX 1070 (should be on the same level as the GTX 980 ti if the 780 ti and GTX 970 are anything to go by). Anyone else thinking about selling soon? ;)

So when's the right time to start selling our GTX 980 ti:s? :p Pascal launch is getting closer, and if I sell it early I can probably make a few bucks if I then choose the GTX 1070 (should be on the same level as the GTX 980 ti if the 780 ti and GTX 970 are anything to go by). Anyone else thinking about selling soon? ;)

No, in fact i bought a second 980TI and have gone SLI :) Should last me until after the first batch of pascal gpus :)

All I will be doing is selling on the ti (likely with the waterblock and backplate) when I am wanting to upgrade to the Pascal ti equivalent.

Unless gaming suddenly has a massive leap due to Pascal/Polaris, and graphics requirements go through the roof to max out games, then I don't see the need to give Nvidia my cash just yet (from a 1440p gaming perspective - if I was running 4k I may have a different opinion).

All I will be doing is selling on the ti (likely with the waterblock and backplate) when I am wanting to upgrade to the Pascal ti equivalent.

Unless gaming suddenly has a massive leap due to Pascal/Polaris, and graphics requirements go through the roof to max out games, then I don't see the need to give Nvidia my cash just yet (from a 1440p gaming perspective - if I was running 4k I may have a different opinion).

I wouldn't be upgrading either, but I really want a card with DP 1.3 in order to get a decent 4k 120hz/HDR monitor when they become available. Just not sure yet if the GTX 1080 is going to be able to handle games at that res though.

Exactly, if you are running 1440p you so don't need to upgrade from a 980ti to the next new thing.

My 980 ti is fast but doesnt handle all games at 60fps+ Suad for example still drops to 40fps in some places, but maybe that is cpu related (i7 [email protected])

I would never go sli again, too much hassle. It will certainly interesting to see pascal results next to a 980 ti

ok, think I have finally got my 980Ti fully stable at 1500/4000. Small voltage increase and a probably way too aggressive fan curve for many but it works and it lasted out a 2 hour game of Squad greenlight and an hour of Heaven 4 looping (before it would appear to minimise but not crash anything)

The only way I can get get rid of the VOp and VRel (limited by operating voltage / reliability voltage) is to modify power and voltage tables and flash the bios but doing that seemed to make it worse, or I just missed something. Even at stock setting they both come up in PerfCap Reason

8p2M55i.png

I have just installed the HG10 N980. Using this with a Corsair H55.

At idle the temp is 30deg C and at load about 65 Deg C. This compares to 41 and 80.

However what's annoying me is the noise the fan makes and no matter what I do I can't seem to reduce the speed below 1600rpm,. What the hell is the problem, have Corsair fitted a chap fan than cant go below 1600rpm?

Are there any mods I can do to improve this as the main point of going Water Cooled as the reduction in noise. Now its louder as my EVGA 980ti SC+ was silent below 50 Deg C

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom