• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

I have just installed the HG10 N980. Using this with a Corsair H55.

At idle the temp is 30deg C and at load about 65 Deg C. This compares to 41 and 80.

However what's annoying me is the noise the fan makes and no matter what I do I can't seem to reduce the speed below 1600rpm,. What the hell is the problem, have Corsair fitted a chap fan than cant go below 1600rpm?

Are there any mods I can do to improve this as the main point of going Water Cooled as the reduction in noise. Now its louder as my EVGA 980ti SC+ was silent below 50 Deg C

Something doesn't sound right. Ive just installed the h55 and the stock fan I control with my fan controller. Note: fan is 3 pin not 4 pin. I have mine running at 1400rpm nice and silent...and cooler than yours by 7-10c

So when's the right time to start selling our GTX 980 ti:s? :p Pascal launch is getting closer, and if I sell it early I can probably make a few bucks if I then choose the GTX 1070 (should be on the same level as the GTX 980 ti if the 780 ti and GTX 970 are anything to go by). Anyone else thinking about selling soon? ;)

Now.
I'm offering £180 for a reference 980 Ti if anyone is interested? Same price if someone has two to sell, I feel I deserve "buy one get one free" if I bought two from the same seller.

:D
Sell sell sell, the market is going to hit rock bottom soon :p. Y'all be yelling "turn the machines back on, turn the machines back on"
.....if anyone doesn't get the last comment, Trading Places 1984(ish)

Last edited:
Something doesn't sound right. Ive just installed the h55 and the stock fan I control with my fan controller. Note: fan is 3 pin not 4 pin. I have mine running at 1400rpm nice and silent...and cooler than yours by 7-10c
Sorry, I am referring to the 75mm on the HG10 not the rad fan.

Just taken the water block off and the thermal compound was not covering all the GPU

Sorry, I am referring to the 75mm on the HG10 not the rad fan.

Just taken the water block off and the thermal compound was not covering all the GPU

Ah OK. Is it 3 pin or 4 pin, that still might be the problem.

I was going to wipe the paste of the h55 and put my own on...but didn't bother.

Hope you get it sorted anyway mate.

Now.
I'm offering £180 for a reference 980 Ti if anyone is interested? Same price if someone has two to sell, I feel I deserve "buy one get one free" if I bought two from the same seller.

:D
Sell sell sell, the market is going to hit rock bottom soon :p. Y'all be yelling "turn the machines back on, turn the machines back on"
.....if anyone doesn't get the last comment, Trading Places 1984(ish)

Your out of your mind or off your rocker if you think anyone would sell a 980TI for 180 lol

So when's the right time to start selling our GTX 980 ti:s? :p Pascal launch is getting closer, and if I sell it early I can probably make a few bucks if I then choose the GTX 1070 (should be on the same level as the GTX 980 ti if the 780 ti and GTX 970 are anything to go by). Anyone else thinking about selling soon? ;)

Next year. Ti for Ti.

Not selling my 980ti and dont care about pascal. I only play small games these days so all the money i have poured into my 980ti and a gsync screen has been money down the drain. Besides dont feel like supporting nvidia anytime soon with the issues i've been having in the 1 year i have owned this card(been working fine for the last few months but i won't forget the first 6 or so), they got enough of my money already.

Ah OK. Is it 3 pin or 4 pin, that still might be the problem.

I was going to wipe the paste of the h55 and put my own on...but didn't bother.

Hope you get it sorted anyway mate.
Different fan fitted, much quieter and can be properly controlled.#

Re-seated the water block, 26 deg idle, 58 deg load Edit: I was talking rubbish, more like 30deg idle and 65 load

Last edited:
Does anyone else run the division at high instead of ultra at 3440x1400 for better fps? Ultra is fine normally around the non dark zone 50-60 but seen it drop to 30-40 and even with Gysnc wasn't good enough but now hitting 70-90 everywhere haven't tried the dz since with 4 players but haven't noticed a massive amount of gfx difference.

Does anyone else run the division at high instead of ultra at 3440x1400 for better fps? Ultra is fine normally around the non dark zone 50-60 but seen it drop to 30-40 and even with Gysnc wasn't good enough but now hitting 70-90 everywhere haven't tried the dz since with 4 players but haven't noticed a massive amount of gfx difference.

please tell me you are using 2 gtx 980ti's in sli.. cause my single 980ti could not maintain 60 at 2560x1440 at ultra ..not even close. not even overclocked to 1450 core.

I have just installed the second hybrid, appears to work fine with the rad at the bottom of case. Now to get gaming. :)

IMG_38321_zpss3k4mv2f.jpg
[/URL]
SPOILER]

Ok, I have now updated my rig.

I have added a HG10 and H55 water cooling to the 980ti. I put the rad in the right compartment, removed the 3.5" HD bay and have a temp fan (New one on order) exhausting the heat from the rad.

To get round the control of the fan on the HG10 and make sure the rad run runs according to the GPU temp I installed Speedfan.

The GPU now runs 26 deg idle and 60deg load

Back
Top Bottom