• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Now I have gone hybrid I don't think I could ever go back to air. The temps you get are fantastic. The max I have seen on mine is 52c and that was with both cards fully loaded in the division and an ambient of 21c.

Now I have gone hybrid I don't think I could ever go back to air. The temps you get are fantastic. The max I have seen on mine is 52c and that was with both cards fully loaded in the division and an ambient of 21c.

Nice temps. What boost core speed are you getting out of it?

The first card boosted to 1304 with the second slightly better at 1380 ish. I have added +100 to core and they both now run at 1405 for some reason. This is high enough for the moment.

Have you selected to link the 2 cards or have them OC seperately?
on the bottom of AB, there's a little drop down box that says "980ti", if you click that you can choose which card you are applying settings to and whether they are linked or not

if they are linked then they will both run at the speed of the slower card, if you click the little wave guide symbol you'll be able to apply settings to each card seperately but you'll need to click the top 980ti and then the bottom to add +100 to each

Cheers Andy, I think I must have them linked. Will check this evening and report back.

The second card is certainly better boosting, I now have this is slot one for games where sli does not work.

All I will be doing is selling on the ti (likely with the waterblock and backplate) when I am wanting to upgrade to the Pascal ti equivalent.

Unless gaming suddenly has a massive leap due to Pascal/Polaris, and graphics requirements go through the roof to max out games, then I don't see the need to give Nvidia my cash just yet (from a 1440p gaming perspective - if I was running 4k I may have a different opinion).

due to the size of the die shrink the 1080ti will either drop heat and power in half or nearly double it the performance of a 980ti. if it does not then the card will have simply run out of memory bandwidth.

I will change mine once the hydro customs get released.

please tell me you are using 2 gtx 980ti's in sli.. cause my single 980ti could not maintain 60 at 2560x1440 at ultra ..not even close. not even overclocked to 1450 core.

No not at all :cool: Played through the game on ultra not touching anything else at 3440x1440 all fine up until i did a run through with 4 people in the dz then i noticed the drop below 30 which was the first time its happend mostly in the main game i didn't get any drops below 45ish and with Gsync wasn't overaly noticable.

Leaving it on high now anyway since i changed it and tops out around 70-90 in the main missions and in dz around 60+ so not so bad tbh long as my x34 refesh counter is accurate lol

No not at all :cool: Played through the game on ultra not touching anything else at 3440x1440 all fine up until i did a run through with 4 people in the dz then i noticed the drop below 30 which was the first time its happend mostly in the main game i didn't get any drops below 45ish and with Gsync wasn't overaly noticable.

Leaving it on high now anyway since i changed it and tops out around 70-90 in the main missions and in dz around 60+ so not so bad tbh long as my x34 refesh counter is accurate lol

..if those are your results then lucky you, Last i tried ultra it destroyed the fps. Sure i could 60 from time to time at at 2560x1440 but usually it was between 55 and 30ish. This was with a core running at 1450 and mems with +350mhz.

Personally dont enjoy the game running lower than 55 and even though i have gsync it feels like a slideshow. Sure no tearing and input lag but thats not good enough :P

Which drivers are you using for such high FPS.

Which drivers are you using for such high FPS.

Just the newest ones honestly didn't think it was anything un-normal. Ill have a look again when i get home from work as like i said i played through the game to level 30 before i started getting sub 30 drops with 4 players in a team.

Im normally quite sensitive to low fps but The Divsion is a bit more slower which is think helps when in that 30-60 bracket which gsync helps with. If it wasn't for the drops in the 20s with 4 players i wouldn't have changed from ultra to high tbh.

Also rest of my pc:

5930k @ 4.5 16gb 3200mhz mem and 4xssd in raid 0 which the Div is on.

Last edited:
Lovin my 980ti...so much so that I might skip Pascal. I say that now but of course things can change quickly as new cards will get optimized and new games come out and push the envelope. However after overlocking to 1275hmz core clock, 1503mhz boost clock, 4000mhz mem, 1.23v, 65C in heaven and 1879 score I am pretty impressed with how much you can push these cards. Maxwell has been superb and Pascal will have to provide me with some substantial gains to upgrade. SLI 980ti maybe? :)

Back
Top Bottom