• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

It's worth noting that I currently have 670SLI in my machine so would it be worth going to a 980 only?

I assume you were saying you might downgrade from a 980 Ti Hybrid to a 980 Hybrid?

Either way 980 Ti to 980 is a large downgrade, just so you know. That said at 1080p it should be a relatively smaller one. The best thing for you to do is go look at benchmarks for both cards at your resolution.

My second card has just been shipped :D Got an EVGA one from OC and kinda surprised as I only ordered it yesterday.

I don't really need it tbh so may just pee on it and put it in a box to let it rot.

Shame..can't think of what else to do with it.:D

Has anyone had there EVGA hybrids sent out yet ? I'm starting to fear I'm going to one of the ones having to wait a couple of weeks now for one.

I don't think the EVGA shipment has arrived... Despite the vendor stating it would be. I'm going to message CS (poor guys are sick of me haha) in 5 mins to see what the latest is.

Last edited:
Order Date: 1 Jun, 15, 3:02 pm

Order Status: In our warehouse queue
EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti Hybrid 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (06G-P4-1996-KR)

Hmm..

Order Date: 1 Jun, 15, 1:45 pm

Order Status: In our warehouse queue

EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti Superclocked ACX 2.0 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (06G-P4-4995-KR)

Hmmmmmmm indeed

My EVGA 980ti arrived this week direct from EVGA, sadly it is already packed back up in its box.
Whilst the leap in performance from my 570 was around 3x, the level of graphical detail from going to medium to ultra just wasn't that great and left me rather dissapointed. GTA V and BF4 whilst definitely looking better, just not £530 better over my 5 year old 570. It also had loud coil whine which just further made me think it wasn't worth the upgrade at all.
Roll on Pascal and hope for a big jump in performance and perhaps some games might be out that makes it worthwhile. :(

CS : automate reply for agnes ' you are the first in queue sir' ^_^

Seriously... I wouldn't put it past them :P

In all seriousness, the guys I've spoken to have all been ace and helpful. It's just a **** situation between the vendor and OcUK and we've been left in the dark and as has the little guys at OcUK.

Matt on customer service (site chat) is a legend. Really helpful guy and friendly. Even though I didn't get the answer I wanted (no shipment yet), he was kind and a joy to chat to as usual.

Anyway, fingers bloody crossed as I still have hope!

Back
Top Bottom