• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Seriously considering dumping down to a 980 due to the delay in the Hybrids arriving.

I game at 1080p exclusively and seemingly the strength of the Ti is at 1440p and 4K. I'll be at 1080p for a while yet as I game in the living room. Will I get a constant 60fps on Ultra on the likes of Witcher 3, Far Cry 4 and theoretically future games? I'll SLI in future if I'm struggling.

Just ordered a reference and stick an AIO COOLER ON IT

Dose anyone know why the Asus GTX 980ti is the most expensive out of all the reference cards ?
The cards across all manufacturers are almost identical ?

673867-713456-800.jpg

673761-713518-800.jpg

673789-712305-800.jpg

You won't be preferring the temps ;)

Temps aren't an issue for me with SLI. Sure they peak at 84 degrees( same as reviewers with open air benches get) , but they stay quiet, and don't throttle with the lowest boost I've seen being 1290Mhz.
All well within specs.

Waiting for stock to settle before I grab a 3rd one as well. I'll change the stock H440 fans for Static pressure ones as well to help then, as I'm sure a 3rd in SLI would affect temps.

Maybe I'm just burned by my ACX 970s but they ran at 80c at load and just weren't great.

I'm aware that EVGA improved the ACX design after the first 970s.

Yup called ACX2.0. Had one of those on a 980. It was cool and near silent.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHA, hopefully this isn't pushing it in terms of rules.

But Genova Speck have 10 ACX 2.0's coming in today, 25 mins left to order one to secure delivery for next day...

BUT, at £700!!!! Are they mad! They have no chance shifting them at that price.

Back
Top Bottom