• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Reading on the EVGA forums that Nvidea have stopped supplying codes for Batman now, stating they have run out and the promotion was limited.

I wonder how we stand with that for those of us who have pre ordered based on this offer and are overdue/no date for our stock.
No, EVGA in the U.S. ran out of codes but they have new ones now. The EVGA EU office never ran out. EVGA actually rang me to reassure me that they had codes!

I don't even have a card yet, it's due Tuesday.

Last edited:
For Jedi:
Firestrike Ultra: 7059
Firestrike Extreme: 12187

Stock. CPU also stock.

Got some comparison scores against 3 x 290x. Pretty much tie. Will post them later.

If those 3 290x have been run on the rig in your sig the third would have been severely hold back by the 4x pcie 16 slot....i hope it was running 4x and not 1x :P...

This whole fiasco around the Evga Superclocked 980TI has me thinking twice about pre ordering from Overclockers

It is disappointing. Other retailers have definitely got their first cards (ACX) well before OCUK. In fact I'm almost certain they got their SECOND shipments by now too since a lot of people have said it got dispatched for them today.

As I said before preordering in general is super risky but next time if I do it won't be from OCUK.

Cheers Chris, matches mine perfectly :)

Puts my mind at rest (I saw an odd review where guy claimed he got 73** from SLI Ti's, must have run them at full whack in an open bench or something)

Not done much playing with over locking yet, but was getting crashes with around +250 at one point in dragon age. Hope I don't have dud cards...

If those 3 290x have been run on the rig in your sig the third would have been severely hold back by the 4x pcie 16 slot....i hope it was running 4x and not 1x :P...

The gigabyte g1 can run 4 slots at 8x pcie3, using plx chip. So none were running 4x or 1x :)

Must say, dunno why, but I was expecting a bit more performance over the 3 x 290x.

Really do seem neck and neck (for things where crossfire worked)

Oh well, at least things are working better in general.

I will stick my hand up and say, I do miss mantle in dragon age. It does is a thing of beauty for multi gpu and smooth gameplay.

Bring on dx12 and vulkan!

My zotac reference is out for delivery can't wait to give it ago.

Mine too. Dont know whether I have made a mistake now as Zotac dont let you remove the cooler as it invalidates warranty and thats what I was planning to do.

To be honest I dont know why so many people are surprised the non ref cards are late. Its not the first time a card from nvidia was released and the reference ones come first and the non ref a few months later with promises of eta's being pushed back.

Its impressive so many people are wanting to purchase this card.

No didn't order through OcUK, I take it ur getting messed around?

Sadly, yea, a few of us are. Always being told one thing then being let down.

I've managed to hopefully get my hands on a reference design stock 980ti for £500. I'll use the extra money to WC it.

Calling OcUK today

People are saying that we should wait until the 26th. But I don't want to, I've been fooled too many times to risk the chance of another let down in two weeks...

Sadly, yea, a few of us are. Always being told one thing then being let down.

I've managed to hopefully get my hands on a reference design stock 980ti for £500. I'll use the extra money to WC it.

Calling OcUK today

People are saying that we should wait until the 26th. But I don't want to, I've been fooled too many times to risk the chance of another let down in two weeks...

You have been particularly let down in this instance, I feel like they aren't really too sure themselves by this point. (OcUK) I have decided to take the ETA with a grain of salt, I am moderately excited but I won't hold any expectations, pre-orders go either way end of the day. A few are speculating this is deliberate on Nvidias part due to possible price reductions on Fury's release and reducing disappointed customers. I'm just keeping as occupied as possible, remain vigilant. Good luck pal.

Get the G1 for £20 extra if you don't want to wait? Gibbo guaranteed those who order will get it next week. It's also better than the ACX in every way.

I really am tempted, but what if I don't get it? I've just thrown even more money at OcUK lol.

I had the equivalent from gigabyte but their 780 version. The cooling was insane. So quite! Aside from the coil whine.

Mine too. Dont know whether I have made a mistake now as Zotac dont let you remove the cooler as it invalidates warranty and thats what I was planning to do.

To be honest I dont know why so many people are surprised the non ref cards are late. Its not the first time a card from nvidia was released and the reference ones come first and the non ref a few months later with promises of eta's being pushed back.

Its impressive so many people are wanting to purchase this card.

I'm not watercooling so not a problem. The 5 year warranty is nice too ill just change the fan profile so it doesn't throttle then overlook it a bit then leave it till the 1080ti or whatever amd have coming next year .Just hope I do see a massive performance increase over the xfx 290 I just sold.

for the few that have been fortunate enough to have received there
Gtx 980 TI'S how are you finding them?
are the drivers serving you well?
any particular tweaks to get it going how you like?
what are your overclocking results?
are you on stock cooler or water?
what are the temps like?
I have the evga reference superclock type,
as is comes the card boosts to 1300mhz a nice 30% increase over stock reference cards.
I have overclocked the gpu core clock to 1450mhz without any change to voltage and have yet to attempt any further overclocking.
I will be trying 1500mhz later today and will post results with my findings.

I find display port has a flicker now and then,
I take it the drivers need to be optimized as a lot of titan x owners currently face the same issue,
anyone have any input on this flickering problem I am using a Asus monitor with a GSYNC module installed when they were first released?

Back
Top Bottom