• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Man I'm with you, I stopped pre-ordering from OC quite a while back when I was trying to get my mouse mat.
They take the money straight away but after that the dates kept changing and it was about a month later that I finally got tired and asked for a refund which took an age to come through. I don't understand how any company can make you wait for a refund on a pre order, especially when they don't even have that item in stock!
Anyway hopefully you find a card man, there's a good deal in the MM too.

Thanks bud! I've just sent him a message.

Waiting is hard, trying to be patient.

Going to be a long weekend of refreshing browsers, reading other's people posts about how much fun they are having with their new cards.

Think I might head to CS Outside, level Beach...

Luckily I'm going away this weekend and am away for the first half of next week.

Being without a GPU for the last week has been really painful though. I can't even use my standard 3440x1440 desktop resolution without losing 60hz.

For Jedi:
Firestrike Ultra: 7059
Firestrike Extreme: 12187

Stock. CPU also stock.

Got some comparison scores against 3 x 290x. Pretty much tie. Will post them later.

Reading on the EVGA forums that Nvidea have stopped supplying codes for Batman now, stating they have run out and the promotion was limited.

I wonder how we stand with that for those of us who have pre ordered based on this offer and are overdue/no date for our stock.

Reading on the EVGA forums that Nvidea have stopped supplying codes for Batman now, stating they have run out and the promotion was limited.

I wonder how we stand with that for those of us who have pre ordered based on this offer and are overdue/no date for our stock.

It's part of the deal, they need to honor it.

I'd like to hear from the EVGA rep on why these delays are happening, or if OCUK are really only receiving 1 or 2 cards per delivery.

I know changing my order to another brand won't make any difference as I guess OCUK pay for the batch so they already have the money, but I can't think of much else I can do to make a point.

I'd like to hear from the EVGA rep on why these delays are happening, or if OCUK are really only receiving 1 or 2 cards per delivery.

I know changing my order to another brand won't make any difference as I guess OCUK pay for the batch so they already have the money, but I can't think of much else I can do to make a point.

The odd thing is that other retailers have gotten the ACX models much faster than OCUK. I can only assume OCUK's first shipment will be a sizeable one.

All you can do is learn from these things I guess.

1. Never pre-order a graphics card.
2. Never sell your existing GPU until stock is freely available for the new GPU (I would wait two to four weeks after launch though that varies depending on the model you want).

Yup. No getting around that.

'While stocks last', but seeing how Ti's are being delayed, I can't see how they would run out of codes. (Or pull the promotion)

However, my ACX 2.0 Ti was shipped after lunch today and I got me Batman code emailed straight away. I wasted no time linking it to my Steam account. :-)

(Purchased from another retailer)

'While stocks last', but seeing how Ti's are being delayed, I can't see how they would run out of codes. (Or pull the promotion)

However, my ACX 2.0 Ti was shipped after lunch today and I got me Batman code emailed straight away. I wasted no time linking it to my Steam account. :-)

(Purchased from another retailer)

Don't see anything resembling 'while stocks last' on the OCUK pages.

If the codes don't work OCUK will have to refund some of the cost.

For Jedi:
Firestrike Ultra: 7059
Firestrike Extreme: 12187

Stock. CPU also stock.

Got some comparison scores against 3 x 290x. Pretty much tie. Will post them later.

Cheers Chris, matches mine perfectly :)

Puts my mind at rest (I saw an odd review where guy claimed he got 73** from SLI Ti's, must have run them at full whack in an open bench or something)

Don't see anything resembling 'while stocks last' on the OCUK pages.

If the codes don't work OCUK will have to refund some of the cost.

On another retailers site and Nvidia website:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This offer is available for GeForce® GTX™ 960, 970, 980 or 980 Ti graphics cards, or 970M-powered (or above) notebooks only. The promotion is available for a limited time or while supplies last. The offer is available from selected retailers only

However, it's still being advertised, so I would not worry. :-)

Back
Top Bottom