• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Actually no. Very cheap components used on PCB. Every expense spared.

Question for you, there's this distinct smell coming from my case when I'm running a very high OC. Not burnt smell no smoke either (stock bios and temps are ok under 75c) can't exactly describe it. Is this a "burn in" heat smell or something to be worried about?

1453/7828 just for reference

Edit: It's that smell/feel when you enter a really hot ACed room :p

Last edited:
I have just had a quick go on the training ground with 2160p and 135% resolution scaling which is about the same pixels as three swifts. Everything maxed using about 11 million pixels I was averaging about 120 fps.

I tried playing a multiplayer game but kept getting kicked out, I don't think it liked the resolution I was using.

Thanks for trying it out for me.

Im getting three so I will see how many fps i get and make a decision.

Thanks for your help

hopefully i will be able to play online in surround

Thanks for trying it out for me.

Im getting three so I will see how many fps i get and make a decision.

Thanks for your help

hopefully i will be able to play online in surround

You will have 1 GPU per 1440p monitor, so it's relatively simple to calculate with a well optimized game.

Edit: You going for 4 ?

Question for you, there's this distinct smell coming from my case when I'm running a very high OC. Not burnt smell no smoke either (stock bios and temps are ok under 75c) can't exactly describe it. Is this a "burn in" heat smell or something to be worried about?

Cards on fire in 5....4.....3.....:p

Christ, you guys have loads of expendable income!

*sell kidney *buy titan* *sell kidney *buy titan.... find other sellable body parts *rinse-repeat

Edited that for you ... :D

Cards on fire in 5....4.....3.....:p

The wife didn't notice anything strange.

To be honest I think it's my idea, I got it from the mining craze when I was running AMD cards (I have this strange fear of burning the house) :)

Last edited:

Both my cards have been emitting that sort of smell you described. So it's not just you. Hopefully nothing to worry about, just fresh components bedding in.

Both my cards have been emitting that sort of smell you described. So it's not just you. Hopefully nothing to worry about, just fresh components bedding in.

I haven't actually sat and gamed for anything over 10 minutes or the odd bench run.

Will game for 3-4 hours straight tonight and report back, but I guess it's just the new component smell.

Titan X - (1439/7856)

Dying Light

Bench Methodology : Using Be The Zombie mode start recording FPS from the tunnel and just run like there's no tomorrow for 60 seconds :p . (killed 2 people btw while I was at it)

2560x1600 (Everything Maxed And On - View Distance 100%)

Min: 74
Avg:97.28
Max: 145

DA: Inquisition

Bench Methodology : Running around in the Hinderlands

2560x1600 Ultra Preset
Avg FPS 57.6 (calculated from Frametimes)

Link to perfoverlay file here

Thanks so much for doing this, now to justify the cost to the wife!!

Back
Top Bottom