• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Caporegime
I did the same SS-89.

Great screen and prefer it to the BenQ Freesync, just hope it lasts as in the Swift thread you seem to see at least 1 a week being RMA'd :eek:

As for 24/7 clocks looks like most are sat at 1400/2000 :)

Soldato
Silent_Scone should be able to help you out for 3 GPUs.

Backplates don't help much in terms of temps on these cards other than looks and avoiding damage from leaks.

I interchange GPUs frequently so water is not the best option for me sadly :(

Well i think these cards will be in for a couple of years so I could water cool them. I am a plumber by trade but I dont like to mix business with pleasure lol.

I will check with silent scope on the parts when it comes to it.

Will run on air for a few weeks see how it goes.

One piece of advice, get quick disconnects.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
One piece of advice, get quick disconnects.

+1

When I fitted my cards this morning, before putting them in the loop I connected a couple of bits of spare tubing via disconnects and filled and purged the cards. Then all I had to do was unplug the spare tubing and plug the cards into the loop, I did not even have to bleed or top up the loop.

Soldato
Is anyone else Geforce Experience saying that both Shadowplay and LED Visualizer are "Not Ready!"?

Obviously my hardware is well above the requirements, so just wondering if it's something obvious I am missing or if it is simply because Titan X isn't fully supported by Geforce Experience yet?

Soldato
This is my 24/7 on air

U6wdv6f.jpg

My 24/7 clocks are 1409/4010 on both cards. Not a single crash with those at all.

So what fan speeds are you chaps running with these full on overclocks on air???

I haven't dared go past adding 150 to the core (yet!) and with this I'm boosting over 1300. But to keep at these speeds I have to do a custom fan setting. Got it so the card is never going over 80 degrees and the fan is around 55-60% to do this. It gets a bit too noisy over 55% fan speed though for me...

Soldato
I just use the aggressive fan profile in Precision X. Gets up to around 70% with a 1400/2000 overclock, it's quite loud but not irritating for me.

Wow, 70% fan speed is too loud for my ears. Can I just check, when you say 1400/2000 what does that translate too?

- Is 1400 the permanent core boost speed? What value are you adding to the core for that (200?)

- 2000 for the memory? What does that equate to? I use afterburner and a GPU monitoring widget on a second screen whilst gaming. At the default clock speeds it is shown as 3500 for the memory.

Associate
Left my sli X's on default nvidia fan profile now but altered the temp setting in afterburner to 87 degrees. My OC was staying at 1409-1420 boost. The noise is not bad at all doing this for my case. Not fussed about them reaching that temp.

Soldato
Wow, 70% fan speed is too loud for my ears. Can I just check, when you say 1400/2000 what does that translate too?

- Is 1400 the permanent core boost speed? What value are you adding to the core for that (200?)

- 2000 for the memory? What does that equate to? I use afterburner and a GPU monitoring widget on a second screen whilst gaming. At the default clock speeds it is shown as 3500 for the memory.

+500 on the memory to get 2000 (8000Mhz effective)

Back
Top Bottom