• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

new to overclocking graphic cards so I've been reading up and taking in as much info as possible from the world wide web. using msi afterburner with the power limit set to 110 core clock to 200 memory clock set to 300 and a custom fan profile which keeps my card cool at 66 degrees Celsius. im looking for some feedback or help to get the most out of my card but keeping it safe and stable at the same time.

right, it's at 70% fan speed for 84 degrees, plus i have sound deadening for the side panels on order, so i'm in a good mood now.............. thanks guys :D

Anything over 50-55% on these reference type coolers is too loud for me, so there's no way I'd be able to cope with 70-80% fan profile.

I think for my purposes SLI with two cooler and quieter cards is probably a better option.

new to overclocking graphic cards so I've been reading up and taking in as much info as possible from the world wide web. using msi afterburner with the power limit set to 110 core clock to 200 memory clock set to 300 and a custom fan profile which keeps my card cool at 66 degrees Celsius. im looking for some feedback or help to get the most out of my card but keeping it safe and stable at the same time.

Mainly just play it slowly. Don't be afraid to only increase in tiny increments, as there will be a delicate point between stability and non stable.

That's already a decent OC on there, for that temperature, it's up to you if you want to push it more, but the key thing is really just being careful and you can't go too far wrong. Obviously OC'ing CAN damage your card if you're an idiot about it, but then again crashes and freezes are part of it and not a lot to worry about as long as you correct it.

Anything over 50-55% on these reference type coolers is too loud for me, so there's no way I'd be able to cope with 70-80% fan profile.

I think for my purposes SLI with two cooler and quieter cards is probably a better option.

yea and my rig is very well ventilated too, but you wont notice it whilst gaming because it's deffo far quieter now than the 7990........... but yea you can still here it, for sure; because there's no point telling lies.

what about Water ????????? no it's ok now

yea and my rig is very well ventilated too, but you wont notice it whilst gaming because it's deffo far quieter now than the 7990........... but yea you can still here it, for sure; because there's no point telling lies.

what about Water ????????? no it's ok now

I think its your fan setup to be honest you might want to rearrange them. Mine maxes out at 75c at 59% fan speed.

I couldn't wait any more, picked up a sweet Optoma projector and a 106in screen ;) Will switch it with a nice 4k one once available :D :cool:

OLED wont be cheap enough till next year, but it's a great shame that it's only made by LG, because they suck.

i havent seen a 4k tv as good as my PLASMA because i had a really good look this week, the motion blur and blacks are still dreadful, so 4K tv gaming is a waste of time isn't it, because it's LED only :cool::cool:

TV Tech is a total disaster right now, because we have 4K LED, but LED as a technology has so many flaws............ 4K is a buzz word distraction to mask LEDs faults.

dump LED and get the Laser projector working or get Panny to switch to OLED

Last edited:
Mal X. I think you may have an overly hot card there. On the stock fan profile ie no tinkering mine used to get to 83 degrees (the default max temp before throttling) and could hold this with a fan speed of about 50%. With a custom Fan profile I could keep it at 80 degrees with a fan speed of 55%.
There no way a fan speed of 75% is required unless you have a very poorly ventilated case. 75% fan speed is awful, so noisy. Anything over 55% I found a bit unpleasant on the TX

I'm talking in the past tense as I've sent mine back today. Kept hard locking my system loading certain games and benchies. Lots of testing proved it must have been a faulty card. Put both my 780tis back in and no problems now.

Last edited:
My top card gets hotter, but I guess that's natural as it's drawing in hotter air from the card below, plus it's working a bit harder because it's driving the monitors.

Can I use Afterburner to set a custom fan profile? It seems to top out at 55% and I'm wondering if I could boost the top card to 60% it might solve that.

Just to clarify then, what is normal at stock speeds, in terms of temperature/throttling?

My top card (I swapped them) quickly gets to 83C

My bottom card only ever gets up to 70C

I set a custom fan profile and it kept the top card under 82C but it went to about 66% fan speed and that's too loud for me.

Ideally I guess I would watercool the top card (I have a Swiftech 240x s could add it to that loop) and leave the bottom card as it is.

it's now running at a max temp of 68 degrees with a large OC............ 290FPS
but the fan speed is pretty high..the Heaven score has rocketed quite high too

i've raised it's max temp to 91 degrees from 84 but it's getting nowhere near it, man this is odd, lets reduce this fan speed a bit, i'm doing it via Gigabyte oc

I think if it bothers you that much you will probably have to wcool. I mean you could spend a decent chunk on powerful-yet-quiet chassis fans and tweak them til you find a sweet spot, but I can't see it being any less noisy than the GPU.

Maybe try a side fan, aftermarket thermal paste or a mod of some kind but again, seeing as how you're already comfortable with water I'd save yourself the ballache.

Is anyone running SLI TX's in a rotated case?

Back
Top Bottom