• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
no when i looked at the old ASUS 970 software, it said ``TITAN X enabled``...... i forgot to delete all that stuff, because as soon as it was gone the TX fan started up........... it must have recognised Titan X instantly but used the old 970 fan profile instead.

the Asus Strix 970 had no fan until about 60 to 65 degrees and at only 30%..... because by then the Titan X is toast, it just went straight up to 91 degrees, it did this 6 times until i suddenly spotted the Asus Software still there on the Desktop.

Soldato
my rig downloaded the TITAN X drivers two weeks ago :confused::confused:.... and i bet these went into the 970 folder, not sure, but the fan was deffo cured by deleting the 970 Drivers

Soldato
Not both cards though, surely.

It's not even overclocked really.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it would make me feel a bit better knowing I wasn't the only one that had a few issues/ a faulty TX :)
I didn't see any corruption or anything like that though. Just hard system locks on loading certain games, really weird.

I've been running my system as it was with 780Ti SLI for 3 days now since sacking the TX, and testing the **** out of everything and having zero problems.......my TX was therefore definitely to blame.

Law of averages means there will be a few of us on here that get a duffer or two. I'm normally very lucky with my pc hardware though.

Last edited:
Associate
Should I take the Kraken G10 and Nzxt X40 off one of my 780 Classifieds and attach it to my TitanX, or should i just go the whole hog and Watercool it properly?

I suppose I could try the G10 and X40 first to see how the card copes and then go the full waterblock route.......mmmmm decisions, decisions

Soldato
Should I take the Kraken G10 and Nzxt X40 off one of my 780 Classifieds and attach it to my TitanX, or should i just go the whole hog and Watercool it properly?

I suppose I could try the G10 and X40 first to see how the card copes and then go the full waterblock route.......mmmmm decisions, decisions

Do it. Proper watercooling is very costly, but so is Titan X :D

Caporegime
Watercool it properly on don't bother in my opinion.

It's not even the core what's the problem, mine has never broke 70c when gaming on an aggressive profile, my case cooling is very good though and I don't mind noise as long as it's not whiney, the chips on the back of the card heat it up the most and if you have your memory overclocked it's even worse.

Soldato
you can deffo hear it whilst gaming, it's running like crazy all the time in FC3 even if you're in the menu.... i might get that Kraken but it does look cheap and tacky, i'd rather sneak it in, under the standard cooler shroud

Soldato
My QDCs arrived, 9 days! Bloody Easter.

E07X8yl.jpg

Hard to believe this one pair cost £30, oh well when you've got 'em you've got 'em.

As good as the black 1's look... I strongly suggest you return them and get the silver 1's. I have had a couple of the black 1's stick which obviously causes issues since the valve doesnt properly close allowing fluid to escape during disconnect. My "spare" set which I used as drain pipes are now not usable (the female part has pretty much locked completely and the valve will not close at all)

From what I have read, this is only a problem with the black 1's. Sadly I have 5 pairs of the blacks. The warranty wont even cover it as using anything other than Koolance's own fluid invalidates the warranty and I use Mayhems X1.

Back
Top Bottom