• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Caporegime
If you leave the flashed BIOS on the card and they check it if you RMA it then it would be void.

As Payne said, just flash it back. I'm sure you can even flash a dud card back to original BIOS using another card.

Soldato
Oh dear, it seems that the scrolling issue is because my card is DOA. The fan isn't turning at all. RMA time.

mine isn't running today either.

1....when you go into MSI/ PRECISION X the fan starts spinning at the correct speed etc, but when you exit it stops

2....it might be wrong to have two softwares on the go at once

3....fan not starting in Heaven, so you cant Bench

it's something to do with the lower part of the curve at it's origin, but i cant take this much longer, there's no point improving this card's cooling if the fan profile isn't working reliably each and every day.....and it aint

this card might have to be returned for a full refund so i cant physically touch it .

Associate

1....when you go into MSI/ PRECISION X the fan starts spinning at the correct speed etc, but when you exit it stops

it's something to do with the lower part of the curve at it's origin, but i cant take this much longer, there's no point improving this card's cooling if the fan profile isn't working reliably each and every day.....and it aint

this card might have to be returned for a full refund so i cant physically touch it .

I’d say it’s almost certainly a bad idea to have two pieces of software that influence the GPU in this way running at the same time, while it may not be the cause of your problems its definitely not going to help.

Associate

What about just trying MSI Afterburner? Just to rule out the 2 programmes conflicting with each other.

Soldato

Why are you using 2 different programs to do basically the same thing?

Associate
Never ever ever run Afterburner and precision x together. No offence Mal but you seem to create 99.9% of you're hardware problems yourself.

Uninstall all the crap and just run it stock for a while, then pick just one utility to use. Personally i think precision x is by far the better utility and seems to work better with nvidia cards and will give you voltage control, not sure if ab does this yet but either will probably do fine, if you want to try both make sure revert back to the stock profile and uninstall before you install the other.

Back
Top Bottom