• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-056-AR&groupid=701&catid=2330&subcat=2338

i've just fitted it and tested it on my Titan X

yesterday temp = 70 degrees and very loud ( as you well know moan moan moan :D:D)

just now = 45 degrees max and deadly silent, it's now quieter than the 970 :eek::eek:

so it's 25 degrees cooler on +108 OC for both..... but more importantly, no noise

but it's fiddly to fit and flipping Massive ...4 slots deep and 1.5 '' longer than the TX circuit board.............BUT IT'S DEAD LEVEL NO SAG

the backplate/ cooler is the biggest damn thing i've ever seen in my life, but has fantastic thermal pads that you have to fit over the RAM.....that backplate is getting quite warm so it works well.

performance = 10/10............reduced to 9 because it's fiddly to assemble and easy to scratch the backplate

I had one on my 7970 and it was great (the original fan on my 7970 was making a weird noise). If you want you can actually take the backplate off for a bit more room I found, although I did this with a way older card so you might not want to take the chance.

on 600 Mem and 240 boost clock it was again 45 degrees, so i'm guessing it's hitting the power limit fairly quickly..if i increase the power limit to 110% it's hitting about 47 degrees

i cant adjust the voltage yet, until we get more stock here in the U.K, i'm not willing to risk an RMA just yet.

you can actually hear the TX Coil Whine up close:) it's the loudest noise it makes now..... cooler fans feel like about 1000 rpm

I had one on my 7970 and it was great (the original fan on my 7970 was making a weird noise). If you want you can actually take the backplate off for a bit more room I found, although I did this with a way older card so you might not want to take the chance.

the backplate comes off yes.......... but guess what, the Asus Strix 970 cooler fits too, but is miles smaller............. but it'll still be better than the ref cooler

mal if your hitting the power limit try downloading the 425w bios I'm on custom water and it made a big difference for me.

Make sure you download the Joe dirty version of nvflash, the instructions are earlier in the thread as I came asking for help on how to it. unfortunately I'm alway from home and on my phone. But is well recommended :D

what the card looks like doesn't matter too much............ because you're trying to kill its noise and temp and right now it's running way better than the 970..........but i must admit that the huge RAM cooler on top looks wrong and once i notice something like this i cant let it go

Last edited:
mal if your hitting the power limit try downloading the 425w bios I'm on custom water and it made a big difference for me.

Make sure you download the Joe dirty version of nvflash, the instructions are earlier in the thread as I came asking for help on how to it. unfortunately I'm alway from home and on my phone. But is well recommended :D

i'm a loony but not that much of a loony ;):D

Last edited:
Make the most of it if your spending nearly 1k on gnu you should want to extract every last bit of performance and it's easy even for a noob :D

i'm just happy i've got it cool and quiet now............. by the way, the Nvidia RAM thermal pads are rubbish compared to the Arctic pads.

Back
Top Bottom