• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
as regards noise, mine throttles back at 70 degrees to about 68 degrees and stays there.... i leave mine on 60% fan speed

i dont know why it throttles back at 70 degrees, but i think it's because it's reached the 110% power limit first...........but with the fan not working, it's reaching max temp really fast.............about 30 seconds into Heaven.

Soldato
In the process of fitting my water blocks, quick observation, two of the three cards have almost no TIM on the core and were running a good 10c hotter than the best card which had a nice, what I would call normal layer.

Anyone who is sticking with air may want to reapply with some good stuff if they think their temps are a bit high.

Soldato
In the process of fitting my water blocks, quick observation, two of the three cards have almost no TIM on the core and were running a good 10c hotter than the best card which had a nice, what I would call normal layer.

Anyone who is sticking with air may want to reapply with some good stuff if they think their temps are a bit high.

yea if i see that i'll send the new cooler back to OCUK without opening it, because i wouldn't mind better there's a problem there, i want to take a close look at the stock fan too.

dropping the temp by 10 degrees is quite a lot :cool:

Associate
what does everyone have theirs overclocked at?

I have +200 core and +500 mem

On a side note love being back on team green, my time with the R295 X2 was a very very frustrating one and not one I wish to repeat, I don't care how good the 390X is if it ever appears, Never again!

(still think we are all slightly insane spending £900 on a graphics card lol)

Caporegime
Mine's at 1432mhz core for gaming and I'm just about to test it higher (been upping it 10mhz every day), memory at stock, those memory chips on the back get very hot and I don't want to risk running the memory at 2000mhz and blowing them whilst I'm on custom BIOS.

Associate
what does everyone have theirs overclocked at?

I have +200 core and +500 mem

On a side note love being back on team green, my time with the R295 X2 was a very very frustrating one and not one I wish to repeat, I don't care how good the 390X is if it ever appears, Never again!

(still think we are all slightly insane spending £900 on a graphics card lol)

Very true, but I spent well over £900 on playing golf last year, and all I do in that is spend 4 hours every Sunday walking around at wet field looking for a stupid little ball in long grass :D so maybe not quite so insane as some ;)

Associate
Very true, but I spent well over £900 on playing golf last year, and all I do in that is spend 4 hours every Sunday walking around at wet field looking for a stupid little ball in long grass :D so maybe not quite so insane as some ;)

keep it on the fairway its a lot easier to find that way lol

Soldato
yea if i see that i'll send the new cooler back to OCUK without opening it, because i wouldn't mind better there's a problem there, i want to take a close look at the stock fan too.

dropping the temp by 10 degrees is quite a lot :cool:

Yeah, my two bad ones looks like the TIM was applied with the pea method but the paste was hard and GPUs never have high mounting pressure so it didn't spread out well at all!

Caporegime
Yeah, my two bad ones looks like the TIM was applied with the pea method but the paste was hard and GPUs never have high mounting pressure so it didn't spread out well at all!

Interesting, temps on mine I'm happy with but I might check the paste just to be sure. Are there any stickers on the card that void warranty when removing the cooler?

Back
Top Bottom