• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
Hi,
I have been thinking about getting another 980 for sli but now I am more into buying single titan x. Is it worth to buy Evga sc over normal one or they clock roughly the same?
Probably I will be using Evga step up program, any idea how long it can take?

Soldato
Im going to sound like a complete noob. How do i set the fan profile for this card? in msi afterburner?

yes but make sure you delete every other OC software...........because my fans will not run at all with any other software present on my Desktop, but the 970 would.................the TX is mega sensative to this... or maybe it's just my card.

it also wont run if you have old GPU Drivers present, but yet again the 970 and 7990 would :cool:

Soldato
Hi,
I have been thinking about getting another 980 for sli but now I am more into buying single titan x. Is it worth to buy Evga sc over normal one or they clock roughly the same?
Probably I will be using Evga step up program, any idea how long it can take?

any TX will OC as high as the Evga version, because mine went further than that on my first attempt (with that massive air cooler)..and was still only at 50 degrees...

but i refuse to OC now, simply because if i bust it, i'll have to wait 3 weeks for a replacement wont i :eek::eek::eek:

mind you, on 1080p you dont need an OC

Last edited:
Caporegime
any TX will OC as high as the Evga version, because mine went further than that on my first attempt (with that massive air cooler)..and was still only at 50 degrees...

but i refuse to OC now, simply because if i bust it, i'll have to wait 3 weeks for a replacement wont i :eek::eek::eek:

mind you, on 1080p you dont need an OC

Do you still have the titan x with the cooler that could anchor an aircraft carrier?

Soldato
At 1080p you don't even need a TitanX :)

agreed, but the other single cards are a little bit too close to call, esp in Metro.
so no you dont need TX, but you do need the 980 ti instead

what about the 890 with a big OC ? not enough RAM soon, not sure, but everyone moaned about the 970 with only 3.5 so there you go

Back
Top Bottom