• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Man of Honour
I had ordered the Ti initially, but got fed up of waiting. It's not worked out too bad, for the price difference I feel it's worth it as I feel I may have been knocking on that 6GB door at 3440x1440.

Associate
How do you guys feel now that the 980ti has been revealed to be only marginally less powerful than the Titan X? Anybody returning theres or do you not mind?

After purchasing my titan over a week ago i have no regrets at all , i could have chosen the 980ti but wanted the best / complete card without anything cut down :)

Associate
How do you guys feel now that the 980ti has been revealed to be only marginally less powerful than the Titan X? Anybody returning theres or do you not mind?

Love my TX and in a couple of months ill buy another ... don't need it .. just want it.. it may be marginal more powerful than a TI but its still the top card

plus im always buying stuff I don't need
x99 system
32gb ram
games on steam that I never play
apple watch

lol

Associate
Love my TX and in a couple of months ill buy another ... don't need it .. just want it.. it may be marginal more powerful than a TI but its still the top card

plus im always buying stuff I don't need
x99 system
32gb ram
games on steam that I never play
apple watch

lol

You got a few grand going spare that I could have? :D

Soldato
Can only assume you're running 4 cards then. Not a hope in hell filling the 6gb buffer without using multiple (3+ cards)

There's got to be purchase justification going on if you're happy to use ram as an actual reason.

I have heard of a few games where 6gb is breached. Watch_Dogs, COD AW, Shadows of Mordor to name a few. All of them will be playable on 2 cards at 4K on settings that will either push close to, or above 6gb.

Associate
I have heard of a few games where 6gb is breached. Watch_Dogs, COD AW, Shadows of Mordor to name a few. All of them will be playable on 2 cards at 4K on settings that will either push close to, or above 6gb.

Only uses more than 6 on 12gb cards. Using isn't the same as needing. I'm sure people who have the ti cards will test this out. Maybe in a few years time, by which the TX is superceded so its a moot point.

Associate
Question for TX owners using the full cover Ek blocks am I meant to use a screw and a washer at the end of the card pic below thanks

No idea, didn't even see that screw hole on mine :p

Also take the bloody stickers off the EK logos! :mad:

Anyone know if the above EK backplate would fit a Titan X without waterblock ?

The backplate screws into the block so with the stock cooler... no.

Associate
Anyone know if the above EK backplate would fit a Titan X without waterblock ?

I don't think so. You would have to remove the screws on the back of the card which attaches the pcb to the stock cooler. With the waterblock you dont use all the available screw holes that were needed for the stock cooler.

Permabanned
Only uses more than 6 on 12gb cards. Using isn't the same as needing. I'm sure people who have the ti cards will test this out. Maybe in a few years time, by which the TX is superceded so its a moot point.

If thats true surely the extra frame buffer would still benefit wouldnt it? Im sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will correct me but to me it seems it would

Back
Top Bottom