• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
Is it easy to flash the Titan X EVGA SC bios on my zotac Titan X. is there a guide?

1. Get nvflash from the first post. http://bit.ly/1LYAntY
2. Get the BIOS (.rom). Save to the same dir.

3. cmd window:
Start, Run, cmd, right-click, Run as Administrator, go to the nvflash folder.
Shows cards in system with ID

nvflash --list

4. Device Manager:
Start, run, device manager
in Display adapters. right click/Disable all cards

5. cmd window:
To flash:

nvflash -6 GM200.rom

Where GM200 is whatever BIOS you're using. Index option to specify which card to flash, ie.

nvflash -6 --index=0 GM200.rom

You will have to confirm 'y' a few times.

6. Device Manager:
in Display adapters. right click/Enable all cards

7. Reboot, let the card get set up, reboot again.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1546747/official-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-owners-club

Permabanned
So I have a zotac Titan x and was wondering what I would benefit from flashing the EVGA bios onto it? Is it just higher clocks? Surely, if so, could I not just use AB and rule out any potential card borking ?

Associate
So I have a zotac Titan x and was wondering what I would benefit from flashing the EVGA bios onto it? Is it just higher clocks? Surely, if so, could I not just use AB and rule out any potential card borking ?

Just clock boost over 1216 (minimum) of what I know. The point isn't the EVGA bios but the custom ones that give you more TDP and don't throttle on certain temps.

Associate
Yes but those fans will be cranked up? Don't fancy turning them up too far in regards to the noise

Around 65-70% which is relatively loud. I don't run those 24/7 as there's no need, the games do fine even at stock (1154mhz).

I'm getting the AIO Hybrids though as anything over 60% fan speed is relatively noisy (if you don't use a headset)

Man of Honour
Well my 30 metres of Mayhems tubing has arrived. Yes, you read that right, 30 metre's. :D Should last me a fair while.

So now all I need is my Titan's, should be here tomorrow I hope. :)

Back
Top Bottom