• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Got annoyed at temps today so decided to add an Antec Kuhler 620 and do away with stock cooler. Have intake case fan as push and 120m Antec fan for pull. Works really well.

Idle temp now 25c and load temp 52 after playing Witcher 3 for couple hours. Much better !

Nice! What bracket are you using with that AIO cooler?

I've been looking at the Corsair HG10 bracket, but I don't think it's compatible.

Im playing the witcher 3 and have noticed even though my framerate is north of 50fps with everything on,i can get weird hitching sometimes? Dosnt always happen but could it have anything to do with my measly 8gb of system ram? I know they recommend quite a bit of ram to go with the titan but i havnt got round to adding another 8gb yet.

With just one card? If you've got Hairworks on turn it off.

Can some-one explain how this card throttles it's O/C core.

My Card clocks nicely to 1425mhz stable in benching and gaming, so I run 1400mhz to game 24/7.

I've noticed though this O/C can move anywhere from 1414mhz down to 1354mhz, but why?
My Max temp when gaming is 68C, power usage never goes past 108%, yet the MHz move up and down all the time.

Is there some sort of speed to temp ratio going on? Why doesn't it run at 1400mhz all the time when I'm not hitting temp limts etc?

Nice! What bracket are you using with that AIO cooler?

I've been looking at the Corsair HG10 bracket, but I don't think it's compatible.

I'm using Dwood bracket with fan. Similar to G10 design before G10 was being made. Looks like this,

6rmNnDF.png

The G10 should be fine with Titan X, same screw positions in Nvidia cards. Big drop in IDLE and massive drop in LOAD temps. Go for it.

My 970 does the same with my over-clock, It's set at 1480 but jumps around under that & it seems to be related to temps or usage.

Oddly, when on a menu the clock goes to max, then down once I go back into the game (both frame limited by the same using rivatune)

I'm using Dwood bracket with fan. Similar to G10 design before G10 was being made. Looks like this,

6rmNnDF.png

The G10 should be fine with Titan X, same screw positions in Nvidia cards. Big drop in IDLE and massive drop in LOAD temps. Go for it.

Very tempted. Last question is what have you done regarding VRM/VRAM cooling? Have you added a batch of heatsinks to them or will it be ok without?

Very tempted. Last question is what have you done regarding VRM/VRAM cooling? Have you added a batch of heatsinks to them or will it be ok without?

I've read up loads on air cooled VRM and this is what I make of it. As long as you stay away from Furmark (Furmark really stresses VRM) you will be golden without added heatsinks, in fact some get better temps using G10 etc without sinks than with them.

I ran a 290X like this for a long time with no probs and an OG Titan. Honestly think you will be fine without VRM sinks.

Some Info here:

As you can see in the thermal images above, the VRM and other chips on the video card are being more than adequately cooled with the Kraken G10 on both the R9 290X and GTX Titan. In fact, the Kraken G10/X40 combination does such an excellent job keeping the main GPU core cool that it actually keeps much of the surrounding card cooler than it is with the stock coolers.

E0FOg7X.png

once the GPU was under load it was actually cooler. During the benchmark run the air cooled card averaged 63.9C and the water cooled card averaged 62.2C at VRM 1.

VRM Temperature 2 showed a huge decrease in temperature with the NZXT Kraken G10 + Kraken X40 water cooling combination. The Sapphire Radeon R9 290X retail card with the AMD reference cooler averaged 78.4C and the NZXT water cooled setup averaged just 51.3C!

KbbiO2k.png

http://www.legitreviews.com/nzxt-kr...oler-review-on-an-amd-radeon-r9-290x_130344/4

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/NZXT-Kraken-G10-Review-527/

Im playing the witcher 3 and have noticed even though my framerate is north of 50fps with everything on,i can get weird hitching sometimes? Dosnt always happen but could it have anything to do with my measly 8gb of system ram? I know they recommend quite a bit of ram to go with the titan but i havnt got round to adding another 8gb yet.

I get it as well and it is a known bug. No idea why and sometimes it runs flawless and another it hitches.

I didn't notice how bad SLI was until I turned it off by accident in Witcher 3 :)

Gives me a better frame rate, but actually feels less smooth.

SLI Works fine in other games (GTA V, Shadows of Mordor etc)

I didn't notice how bad SLI was until I turned it off by accident in Witcher 3 :)

Gives me a better frame rate, but actually feels less smooth.

SLI Works fine in other games (GTA V, Shadows of Mordor etc)

Try shadows turned off and also turn AA/Hairworks off. Seems to be fine for me running everything else at high (never ever drops below 60FPS).

At 4k/Ultra on one card I don't get any hitches, but Hairworks is off.

Therefore I thought that could potentially be the problem.

I get hitches when SLI is on, so it's disabled for Witcher 3.

Cheers. Its weird as when its happening Im in the busiest part with FPS only moving 3-4 yet it feels like its a slide show. One step forwards,two steps back lol

Back
Top Bottom