• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
Yeppers :)

I'll be replacing the Sapphire Vapor X 290X 4GB in my AMD rig, Yes I have an Intel/Nvidia rig and an all AMD rig :p

At the moment it comprises of an 8350 at 4.50GHZ, 16GB of 2400 Avexir Blitz 1.1, Sabertooth 990FX all in a Corsair 540 :)

Ah I'm with you now.

So you're going to have one Intel with a single Titan X PC, and one AMD FX with a single Fury X PC.

Best of both worlds.

Soldato
Well going off the "Leaked" benchmarks, the TX and FX are neck and neck.

If the results are close it would not be surprising if Nvidia dusted off the Ultra moniker and launched a '980ti Ultra 6GB' with the Maxwell chip from the TX. There is always room for a Titan X Black too :D

Soldato
If the results are close it would not be surprising if Nvidia dusted off the Ultra moniker and launched a '980ti Ultra 6GB' with the Maxwell chip from the TX. There is always room for a Titan X Black too :D

A Titan X Black would not be possible as the Titan X's GM200 is the fully enabled core.

Personally I think if the Fury X does overtake the Titan X by a significant amount they will just wait it out until Pascal arrives and wipe the floor with AMD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi,

I'm running three on EK copper and do not see the need to flash. The cards are not power limited by the target till around 1400 on the core, at which point an increased power target might be preferable. For gaming I don't find this necessary. In short I don't find there is much if any benefit to flashing to custom BIOS unless benching and wanting to increase voltage past 1.25v

Associate
Yeah I have a FT05 so cooling should be no problem. That's 65% I think.

Your temp target is at 91 I suppose to reach 87c? Strange though. Maybe try to place a fan on the hdd cage to push fresh air into the GPU.

With a temp target of 91 and overclocked to 1424 in SLI I have never seen temps over 81-82c with 65% fan speed. Currently running 70% and its below 80c in-game after long sessions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom