• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
Thinking of getting a second TX but my last dual GPU was a nightmare experience in crossfire. How does SLI scale is it worth burning another £500 on a 2nd hand TX. All I want is maxium FPS in BF1 which will support SLI from day one. What I don't want it a stuttery experience.

Also is any-one running 2 TX's on a 850w PSU.

Yes me,both with AIO on it,and a cpu is a 4930K 4.6GHz.PSU is a 7year old HX850.No problem at all. :)

Soldato
Thinking of getting a second TX but my last dual GPU was a nightmare experience in crossfire. How does SLI scale is it worth burning another £500 on a 2nd hand TX. All I want is maxium FPS in BF1 which will support SLI from day one. What I don't want it a stuttery experience.

Also is any-one running 2 TX's on a 850w PSU.

Me too - 4820k RIVE and 2xTX on an AX860i no problems.

Associate
Here's my "new" second TX

LxnWDrc.jpg

aec7HW6.jpg

EYjKW7q.jpg

4hIgbp8.jpg

Looks messy but I sold my 2 original TX's and then bought 2 Titan X's for what I sold 1 for. :D

Also can't use my sexy SLI bridge anymore because the stupid cooler is in the way :mad: Might have to bung it on the MM.

Soldato
True but you can also overclock the 1080 which I would be doing

I get +20% framerate in doom with my TX overclocked, most reviews i've seen say you end up with +5-10% framrate when overclocking the 1080 so TX to 1080 is an incredibly minor upgrade.

Also not withstanding certain games are getting close to breaching the 8gb vram limit at 4k. Only a handful at the moment and those that do I doubt would see any drop in framerate if you were limited to 8gb but it is a consideration.

Soldato
Here's my "new" second TX

Looks messy but I sold my 2 original TX's and then bought 2 Titan X's for what I sold 1 for. :D

Also can't use my sexy SLI bridge anymore because the stupid cooler is in the way :mad: Might have to bung it on the MM.

Nice. How is that Gigabyte cooler? Had some EVGA Titan X ACX 2.0 coolers. Were total crap to be honest made an awful resonance sound at low loads as unlike other ACX 2.0 coolers like on 980Ti, did not spin off entirely. Was hoping to try the Gigbyte one, alas they never sold them separately.

Associate
Nice. How is that Gigabyte cooler? Had some EVGA Titan X ACX 2.0 coolers. Were total crap to be honest made an awful resonance sound at low loads as unlike other ACX 2.0 coolers like on 980Ti, did not spin off entirely. Was hoping to try the Gigbyte one, alas they never sold them separately.

It's really good. Not the quietest but Impressive

Custom loop, you know you want to.

I've thought about it many times but I wouldn't know where to start and I'm the type who is always in there fiddling and it would bug me that I can't take things out easily and clean 'n' stuff

Soldato
It's really good. Not the quietest but Impressive

I've thought about it many times but I wouldn't know where to start and I'm the type who is always in there fiddling and it would bug me that I can't take things out easily and clean 'n' stuff

3228c2fc4c0aa7d348c4c8bd6fd40eb4062fe10748aff1971dac7a47135875bc.jpg

Nothing like building your first loop :)

Back
Top Bottom