• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Permabanned
Just picked up another TX. Evga SC with a backplate so im all ready for SLI again. Looking forward to cranking Mirrors edge and total war all the way up on my x34 monitor so I hope SLI works for both games

Associate
So after selling my 2 TX's, buying a 980 then buying 1 TX, then another TX again. I've now bought a 4K 40 inch Seiki monitor.

Loving 4K, I was worried the TX SLI wouldn't hack it. I was wrong

20160619_083440.jpg

I'm glad I came back.

Sidenote: How much are the original Swifts going for on the MM? £350?

Whats the panel type being used in the Seiki Klunt.

Permabanned
Update on my second TX.

SLI is a lot smoother for me than it was on 780/780ti and every game I've played so far has ran flawlessly. Gsync may be a big factor in this or maybe it isnt but it all looks good. Ran into the "Nvidia GPU has been removed" crash and error twice yesterday but it was with DSR enabled in the NCP and it hasnt happened again since Ive disabled it.

However...dat 1080 is in stock now! Part of me wants to part with both TX's and pick up a 1080 just because its new and we all like shiney dont we! I guess my main concern is I enjoy playing new games on day 1 and being part of the zeitgeist and all to often SLI isnt at its best until a while after release.

Associate
Update on my second TX.

SLI is a lot smoother for me than it was on 780/780ti and every game I've played so far has ran flawlessly. Gsync may be a big factor in this or maybe it isnt but it all looks good. Ran into the "Nvidia GPU has been removed" crash and error twice yesterday but it was with DSR enabled in the NCP and it hasnt happened again since Ive disabled it.

However...dat 1080 is in stock now! Part of me wants to part with both TX's and pick up a 1080 just because its new and we all like shiney dont we! I guess my main concern is I enjoy playing new games on day 1 and being part of the zeitgeist and all to often SLI isnt at its best until a while after release.
1080s may be the new kid on the block but your 2xTXs are a lot faster now.
I'd wait and see how the 1080ti and titans fare if I were you. (depending on cost!)

Associate
Got my second TX installed and Finished off the witcher DLC. Very smooth with Gsync on as well but I'm onto Mirrors edge next so that will be the real test I guess

How much you get that second titan X for?
Thinking of getting one myself but cant gage whats a reasonable price to pay.

Associate
£420 for an EVGA superclocked with an EVGA backplate. £400-420 is a fair price and its what I would ask for mine should I sell

Hi. thanks for the information and congrats on the second tx
That is about what I wanted to pay for one as I could do with the 12gb for 3d work.

Most of them seem to be about £500 plus on ebay and I felt that was a little much.

Permabanned
Hi. thanks for the information and congrats on the second tx
That is about what I wanted to pay for one as I could do with the 12gb for 3d work.

Most of them seem to be about £500 plus on ebay and I felt that was a little much.

Its that 12gb thats letting them hold good value IMO. Still a beast of a card really and 2 in SLI with that VRAM means they are chewing through everything with all the bells and whistles @3440x1440

Back
Top Bottom