The hangout thread (organising social gaming etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
So what's the plan? I've not got township tale yet, do I need to buy it now and get going with the tutorial? Or we're going rec room?

EDIT - Or something else?

Who's actually turning up tonight, so we know?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
OK, so far it's:

Melmac
Shi
Unseul

----------

Upto 4 and I say we stick with rec room. 5, we find something else, 6 and we maybe try rec room again with 2 teams in rec royale? Get to 8? and we can fill a paintball room I think?

EDIT -That said, I'm still happy to go township tale.

Soldato
OP
I'm a moron apparently, forgot to charge my headset! Just put it on charge, will see what I can do about grabbing a battery pack.
EDIT - I'll try and be there for 8. We'll just have to see whether I can charge whilst playing.

EDIT EWDIT - And now there's an update!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well, that sucks for me that you guys were using the Quest 2. That means the problem is my Quest 2.

However Rec Room is awesome. I forgot how much fun it is. It's even better when you can play with a few mates and filter out the kids.

I think that's key. It's fun if you are lucky enough to play with some half decent randoms, but playing with people you know is even better, if you get stuck with squeakers, it's just no fun at all.

Maybe try re-installing rec room? The update might have done something weird to it.

Soldato
OP
Just did a solo of rec royale, 2 games in fact. It's quite fun, could imagine it being really good with a squad, how many players are in the teams version? I know it's 3 players a team, just wondering how many players in total.

Soldato
OP
Just played another game of rec royale, definitely interested in playing more, with a potential to investing in pop:one.

Do we want to try and organise some rec royale squad games on a separate evening? So as to not interfere with our larger regular group? Sunday evenings are probably best for me in general, though currently Tuesdays and Thursdays are OK (will hopefully eventually become rugby training nights again).

Quite flexible though, so even daytime etc could be OK for shorter sessions, since I work from home on my own schedule.

EDIT - Even starting to get multiple kills in a game now. Have to wonder though, tried one quick Squads game, and it was pretty quiet, not filling as quickly as the singles do. There again, it's 11am on a Thursday, so not perhaps the busiest of times.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm not going to be able to make tonight, completely forgot we were having a big family bbq.

Would definitely suggest checking out rec royale squads if there's three of you. Though it sometimes struggles to put you on the right team. Tips would include making sure you land near each other. Don't worry if you pick something up when reviving a team mate, the revive still activates through that.

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure. It's one of the most popular VR shooters, so I doubt it.

It's worth the money though.

Right, well I say we try and get some rec royale games going, and see if others are interested. If we can get a regular 3 for pop one, I may be tempted to go fo rit. I was quite surprised with how much I enjoyed it, compared to how little I typically enjoy basic FPS games (especially competitive ones).

Rec royale could work OK with 4-6 as well though, as we can pair up, and then simply have a random on the team. It's not perfect of course, but some randoms are fine. Met a few decent folk.

Soldato
OP
Grenade launcher is tricky like that, very powerful, but if you only carry two weapons, it's easy to run out of ammo on your second weapon.

Equally, that was your first time, so not that bad! The sights are actually useful, and the reason I prefer the laser guns is I find it easier to adjust my aim since I can just track where the last shot went, and reloading isn't that much of a pain for me, since I tend to just do it all the time!

Soldato
OP
Apologies Guys, was looking forward to trying some Rec Royale. I don't like Battle Royale games, but, was hoping that VR versions would change my mind.

I got called out on an emergency at work and didn't have time to post that I wouldn't make it.

No worries mate. As I've said, I've never been a big fps/royale fan simply because my fine mouse movements and reaction times with it aren't good enough, but in VR it's a lot more natural and enjoyable for me. I think the practice in Jumbotron has helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom