The hangout thread (organising social gaming etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Sorry....the thread...

Get totally fed up of randomers..usually reeeekids...only know 2 people with headsets and they never use them...to this day ive never been able to get a coop game on pavlov zombie attack mode or a full game of eleven..

G

Thread is definitely for all!

Don't play Pavlov, but have eleven. My issue with 11 is I've got a small area to play, which makes it tough to get to quite a few shots! I'd be up for a some friendly games though (not played in ages), as long as you promise not to just hit at harsh angles all the time :D.

Right now we're playing a fair bit of rec room, definitely more fun with people you know (even if just off the forum) to help avoid the kids. We played star trek bridge crew before. Got a few games in consideration for the future too for our regular Monday meets (Ravenger often uses his Index, others sometimes play through airlink/virtual desktop on their quest anyway), township tale looks likely, but that's not crossplay yet I believe.

Soldato
OP
I think you can download rec room just via it's own website?

I just use the quest 2 mic too, and chat in game for 11, since I'm using it native on the headset, don't want to introduce extra latency using it over the PC (I still lag on occasion anyway).

Soldato
OP
So just bought township tale. Downloading now. Do you need to add me melmac or can I just join your server as we're friends already?

Don't mind what we're playing tonight, happy with rec room or whatever.

Soldato
OP
Let me know when you've added, I think that "progress" doesn't carry over, so I won't bother doing anything until I'm in your server. Just completed the tutorial. It's nice.

Soldato
OP
I'm more than happy to play rec room this evening, if it means everyone can play together.

There's a ton of stored wood in the carpentry workshop, I assumed that was you! Looks like it was a gift then. I've dumped the little wood I chopped at the blacksmith, figure better tools etc could be handy.

Soldato
OP
I'm getting confused now :D.

Rec room can be played standalone on Q2 or via PCVR for free. And everyone can play with each other.

Township tale is free on PC, and can be linked to q2, but you have to pay for a server, or play on a public server. It's £7.99 on quest standalone, but gets you 1000 in game currency (clothing purchases etc I believe) and also your own private server for upto 8 people. I think those are 8 slots, you can have more people on it, just not on at the same time. PCVR and Standalone quest cannot currently crossplay.

Soldato
OP
Another great evening. Cheers guys!

Melmac, when are you usually playing township? If you have anything close to a regular time, I'll try and get on at the same time.

Soldato
OP
That was awesome!

Isle of the lost skull is an excellent level, and I love the mechanic to keep you playing after you die. Definitely be happy to play through that again.

Soldato
OP
Working out that parrying is actually a thing is useful. One weapon parrying, the other sweeping for the kills.

EDIT - Oh, and Mel, we have to play rec royale! you're a sniper!

Soldato
OP
So to get involved in the recroom fun what do i need to do?

Ive downloaded it on my quest but not launched it yet, do you create a recroom account and add people via that?

You will need to register a rec room account, and find us as friends in rec room. On Oculus, my username is RugbyRaggs so feel free to add me on that too. I don't think you can find oculus friends in rec room, but i could easily be wrong about that (I probably am).

EDIT - Same name in Rec room I believe, I think the other regulars here also use the same names.

Soldato
OP
I'd also suggest getting Township Tale, only £8, and good fun, and I suspect more fun the more of you there are. It's also getting updated regularly as they bring the Quest version upto spec with the PC version, and development will continue after then as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom