The Happy thread - Positive posts only :-)

Associate
I applied for a passport renewal got new one and my old one back in a week:)

Just a few tips I think make things a lot quicker, go to a photo shop that do passport photos, this way they check your photo will be accepted on the government website, and you get a digital photo code to use when applying online.
Send old passport back asap, using a recorded/special next day delivery service.
Me too. Applied Sunday and got it back Friday
I applied online and used a photo I took with my phone..when you upload it, it gets checked to see if it’s acceptable

Soldato
Just got my flexible working officially approved. From April I'll be working 9 day fortnight with every other Friday off, increased my working hours from 7.5 to 8hrs on working days so the hit to pay check won't be much.
GF is doing the same starting next week. Looking forward to long weekends and we already booked couple of trips abroad :)

Soldato
Just had my voluntary severance agreement accepted at my place of work. After 16 years my last shift will be on the 23rd May!

Planning on taking a few months off and enjoying the Summer before getting something else around August / September :D

This is the way to do it, i am walking and surfing in my employment gap but last time 2019 i did the Camino 31 to 33 day walk then hung around in Spain for a while

Associate
Thought this thread could do with a bump…and happy news to share
My target retirement date was always May 2024, and I’ve been in good pension schemes, earned a reasonable wage, and been careful, as well as hammering my retirement spreadsheet all too regularly. Last June in a skip/skip/skip/skip level meeting, was honest and said I’m not going to be working in a couple of years so don’t build me into any future plans …and was immediately in a conversation about exiting in 2024 with a ‘soft landing’. Could hardly believe my luck. The company has taken the opportunity to do a reorg. Signed my Settlement Agreement a few weeks ago, and my departure was finally announced today. Been a tough 10 months because until I had it in writing, there was no certainty. It’s certain now. Watershed moment

Back
Top Bottom