The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

not on a ps3 with a full HDTV..it looks better than any PC port no matter what spec...i have it on both and i can tell you i never play it on the pc...its inferior to the ps3

ermmmm...are you being serious? The PC looks sooo much better when you max it out (remeber you siad no matter what spec):

-Bigger Draw distance
-Higher FPS
-No crappy motion blur
-Sharper textures

everything is better :D

I've played it on the console and I can confirm it no way looks as good on a console compared to what I am playing on the PC. Anyone who says otherwise needs new eyeballs that aren't covered with Vaseline.

In fact every game I have played on my PC that is also on consoles that I have also seen/played has looked better on the PC.

I've played it on the console and I can confirm it no way looks as good on a console compared to what I am playing on the PC. Anyone who says otherwise needs new eyeballs that aren't covered with Vaseline.

In fact every game I have played on my PC that is also on consoles that I have also seen/played has looked better on the PC.

This.

I think it's because people sit much closer to the action with pc and then notice all the inperfections like the jagerred world which they didn't notice on the consoles...

This.

I think it's because people sit much closer to the action with pc and then notice all the inperfections like the jagerred world which they didn't notice on the consoles...

Spot on.

Most people play consoles games from a couch, which most likely means they're several metres away from the tv screen, hence the low res and crappy textures are completely oblivious to them; it's a bit like downsizing screenshots, they almost always look better!

Just take Farcry 2 on PC and consoles. With consoles, the closer you get to the screen the crappier it gets, but on my PC, the closer you get to the monitor, the better! :D

Fear looking a little dated doesn't bother me. However The upcoming Half Life 2 Episode 3 isn't going to impress with it's dated graphics engine :)

Not sure what they're doing with Fear 2, did see a clip featuring enhanced gore fx..but is it the same engine they used first time around? It looks like it has more outer areas to explore but not like Stalker or anything.

not on a ps3 with a full HDTV..it looks better than any PC port no matter what spec...i have it on both and i can tell you i never play it on the pc...its inferior to the ps3

Yeah course it is!

PC
gtapc.jpg

PS3
gtaps3.jpg

Shall i embarass you people more who think it looks better on PS3? LOL theres more where them pics came from.
The PS3 version is not even rendered at 720p (1280x720) res.

Last edited:
Yeah course it is!

Shall i embarass you people more who think it looks better on PS3? LOL theres more where them pics came from.
The PS3 version is not even rendered at 720p res.

I was waiting for someone to pull stuff from that PC/360/PS3 comparison article ;)
For god sake don't put up the DeadSpace PC/PS3 comparison :D

Last edited:
I could still believe its more fun to play on console though, graphics arent everything

Well being as you can easily use a 360 controller on PC for games suited for one, but at the same time have better graphics + higher res + mods, the console versions are rarely as good in any way.

+ you Know it is running in 1080p Native + you can add AA/ASF.
+ PC games have vsync. Most console games are starting to get bad screen tearing or very low FPS as they just lack the hardware for a decent FPS and max gfx details. When you look at how limited 360/ps3 games are running on the PC it becomes obvious how far ahead the PC is graphically. GTA4 on the PS3 looked terrible. PC version is a long way ahead and PS3 version was the console one which got 10/10 + 100% reviews (truth is its worse than San Andreas gameplay wise but graphically the best GTA game). PC with a decent gfx card is the next generation of console but available right here right now to any PC from the last 2/3 years with a decent gfx card and dual core or better CPU.

Would not even be surprised if MS created/marketed a hardware add on card with a powerful GPU + physx for their nextgen offering as cheaper than crafting a new xbox which is instantly inferior to the latest PC hardware developments. Think this is why they are starting to spend a lot of money on their LIVE marketplace & Windows LIVE games.

Back
Top Bottom