The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Just been and bought this and cant get it look its best :( only got a GTS 512MB so the game limits my resources to 462MB? I thought it could be passed on to your ram? Which ive got 4GB of. Im sure Crysis used about 1.2GB of resource's when i was playing it :/.......Could anyone explain please?

Anyway 1600x900 on highish detail:

GTAIV2008-12-2811-29-04-15.jpg

GTAIV2008-12-2811-29-33-56.jpg

GTAIV2008-12-2811-30-31-70.jpg

GTAIV2008-12-2811-30-35-71.jpg

And 1920x1080 with medium-ish details

GTAIV2008-12-2811-32-40-28.jpg

GTAIV2008-12-2811-32-17-14.jpg

It IS better than previous games, as a GTA fan myself I have played through all of them right from GTA1 on the PS1.

GTA4 has more things going on and things to see/do. Also I like the fact that unlike SA you don't need to keep constantly eating and going to the gym otherwise you become a fat slob.

unlike SA you don't need to keep constantly eating and going to the gym otherwise you become a fat slob.

Errr isn't that exaggerated, I've played through SA many times and all you need to do is eat up to half fat at start and train for 5 misn in the schools at start and you're sorted for the rest of the game really (don't need full strength/stamina really half is enough).

Although the driving, the city, the interaction and the physics are better, SA is still the better game imo. More to do, more humor and a superior world ( yes I love cruising around the countryside so what :p?).

GTA VC also replaying it atm but that isn't that good tbh, the driving sucks and the world is absolutely tiny :(. Only good thing is the characters/story & music really.

Last edited:
So an 80's themed game (with characters and music from VC), set in the SA world, with physics, detail, and interaction from GTA4 would be nigh on perfect?

EDIT: Where you can get fit by going to the gym but not actually doing it, i.e. just press a button etc. Hope rockstar are reading this! Oh, almost forgot, it has to run butter smooth on everyone's PCs or they'll start whining and moaning about it all the time.

So an 80's themed game (with characters and music from VC), set in the SA world, with physics, detail, and interaction from GTA4 would be nigh on perfect?

EDIT: Where you can get fit by going to the gym but not actually doing it, i.e. just press a button etc. Hope rockstar are reading this! Oh, almost forgot, it has to run butter smooth on everyone's PCs or they'll start whining and moaning about it all the time.

yep pretty much, but a better engine than gta4's :p

Add AA to the list and yes, the perfect game I'd gladly pay 200€ for such a game.
More vehicles and expanded tuning, more detail to the roads like more signs and better markings would be nice too.

yep pretty much, but a better engine than gta4's :p

No, it's a terrible and dated engine. Terrible pop up, low draw distance, etc...
If you look how the engine is applied @ bully you'd see how bad is actually is.

GTA IV's engine is very good, but they just forgot to make a dx10 version for AA...

Yeah, they 'forgot' just before christmas. We should get this together and send a letter off to Rockstar, they listen to their customers, dont they?!

I fear we're going off topic and that I should post a screenshot, we can take this to the GTA4 thread!

I don't know what to think of it yet, atm I can't concentrate still got a bit of a hangover and yesterday when I made those pics I was playing while drunk so obviously wasn't really paying attention either :p.

Also just played the same levels I used to play in the demo so I'd at least be familiar...
Gotta play it tomorrow or something before I can sat how it is. I do know I didn't really like the vehicles in CTF and the hoverboards, and iirc also ONS_Torlan has been a bit nerfed compared to the 1 un 2k4, but anyway, it's too early for me to say what I think of UT3 :).

Errr isn't that exaggerated, I've played through SA many times and all you need to do is eat up to half fat at start and train for 5 misn in the schools at start and you're sorted for the rest of the game really (don't need full strength/stamina really half is enough).

Although the driving, the city, the interaction and the physics are better, SA is still the better game imo. More to do, more humor and a superior world ( yes I love cruising around the countryside so what :p?).

GTA VC also replaying it atm but that isn't that good tbh, the driving sucks and the world is absolutely tiny :(. Only good thing is the characters/story & music really.

No SA isn't better, you still have to keep on doing aspects of HP buildup like driving skill, bike riding skill etc, it's not half way realistic out of the box like GTA4 is, you still have to eat and train in the gym to become stringer, if you don't and just eat you will become fatter and slower.

No SA isn't better, you still have to keep on doing aspects of HP buildup like driving skill, bike riding skill etc, it's not half way realistic out of the box like GTA4 is, you still have to eat and train in the gym to become stringer, if you don't and just eat you will become fatter and slower.

Who cares about realism? Gta isn't a realistic game.
You don't need driving skill/bike skill at all, are you saying you can't drive without it, because you can easily drive even at the beginning of the game ?

And going to gym is something you really do only once or twice, you lose fat by sprinting around and swimming which you do anyways for missions. I haven't ever had the problem in the whole game that I became too fat for my own liking, I in fact had to fatten myself up to get this girl... The beginning HP is enough imo, prolly all but 1 or 2 missions can be finished on 1 attempt, I don't really see what the issue is, I just jumped in and raced through the missions and never worried about any stats.

I'm thinking you've played it way too little and remember things harder than they are.

Back
Top Bottom