The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Now this is a game what looks brill and runs perfectly up to yet! Loved the scenery when your on the boat at beginning!

tru2008-12-2816-05-08-81.jpg

tru2008-12-2815-58-40-23.jpg

tru2008-12-2815-57-55-93.jpg

tru2008-12-2815-55-37-85.jpg

Who cares about realism? Gta isn't a realistic game.
You don't need driving skill/bike skill at all, are you saying you can't drive without it, because you can easily drive even at the beginning of the game ?

And going to gym is something you really do only once or twice, you lose fat by sprinting around and swimming which you do anyways for missions. I haven't ever had the problem in the whole game that I became too fat for my own liking, I in fact had to fatten myself up to get this girl... The beginning HP is enough imo, prolly all but 1 or 2 missions can be finished on 1 attempt, I don't really see what the issue is, I just jumped in and raced through the missions and never worried about any stats.

I'm thinking you've played it way too little and remember things harder than they are.

I don't remember anything being hard about it, I remember it being tedious and annoying at times. And your point about not needing driving skill is exactly what I said. If you read you'll see I noted that it was an annoyance having to gain driving skill points in SA whereas in GTA4 you don't need any of that, each car handle sin its own way and doesn't need your character to have skill points. Likewise in GTA4 you eat food when your health is low only, you don't need to lose weight or gain weight.

I like the other GTA4 games but they just aren't as fulfilling as GTA4 is as a living, breathing world that doesn't require you to have done x (train, gain skill points etc) before you can go out and enjoy the free roam environment to the maximum.

Of course you could use the cheats in SA to gain max stamina, skill etc but that still doesn't solve the issue of the amount of things you can do in the game compared to GTA4.

So many of the GTA pics posted look crap... but the game actually can look very good. You just need a card with enough graphics RAM. I mean on something like 1920x1200 with High textures and a far view distance this game needs more than 1GB of graphics RAM! It actually tells you how much RAM is being used. If you go over your cards limit it starts swapping with the HDD and you hit single digit FPS.

Because of this on a 512MB card theres just noway you could make this game look that great. Your'd have to have medium to low textures and turn the view distance way down.

Last edited:
Actually yes I do because it looks exactly the same using my settings as it does on the higher slider options.

The only difference is a vast drop in FPS:

settings.jpg

Actually yes I do because it looks exactly the same using my settings as it does on the higher slider options.

The only difference is a vast drop in FPS:
Ah but thats not true... turn the view distance slider bar up once your outside. You can then see the view distance change as you do it. Obviously if you're inside a building it will do nothing.

Anyway i was talking about 512MB cards, and you have a 896MB card it seems.
To play this game at 1920x1200 or higher, on full settings, your'd actually need a 2GB card! :o

Back
Top Bottom