The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

The Last Remnant

abelisk.jpg

rushdouble.jpg

bigdude.jpg

How do you rate that game?.

Became aware of it the other week there and I'm tempted. It looks very "Final Fantasy'ish" obviously with Square doing it it will be.

Care to sum up how it plays?. :cool:

If you enjoy most of the Final Fantasy series, buy it (you can get it for £19.99 if you look around).

Don't judge the entire game on the basis of the demo - it doesn't give you a proper feel for the game imo, and can feel confusing without the guideance the full game provides (though it leaves plenty for you to find out yourself).

The combat is very different to any FF, and can initially be a bit confusing, but it becomes second nature after investing some time in it.

I will say that it took quite a few hours to get into the meat of the story (though there are so many side quests, optional locations, it's mental), but 40+ hours in, and there are times now that I forget that I'm not playing an FF game. That says it all really - 40 hours in one week of playing and I'm still hooked.

Excellent, sounds really interesting.

I won't bother with the demo, I don't use Steam anyway. Think I will just have a hunt around for it give it a try. Sounds just my cup of tea to be honest.

Thanks for the info. :cool:

Excellent, sounds really interesting.

I won't bother with the demo, I don't use Steam anyway. Think I will just have a hunt around for it give it a try. Sounds just my cup of tea to be honest.

Thanks for the info. :cool:

Np. Just so you know though, Square are using Steam for their protection/drm/whatever you want to call it, so even the boxed copy requires that (and will install it if you haven't got it already). Keeps the disc out of the drive though.

Back
Top Bottom