The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Counter Strike

For some reason CSS still looks pretty good to me. :o

css.jpg

erm.. they dont work in game? just textures you get that of course..?

I think that was his (sarcasticaly made) point, considering it's a game that has banged on about cockpit realism and immersion, it seems a bit slack to have all the temp guages just reading 'off' effectively.

Not a big fan of driving games but that NFS : Shift is looking awesome. :eek:

As does Resi 5. :D

Some RF:Guerrilla screenies ( highest my 19" WS monitor goes is 1440x900 so not exactly "high res" images, but meh....) :-

2mwz4gj.jpg

2gvmo0i.jpg

2db5k6o.jpg

35k3gvb.jpg

I dunno, I've only just got it and ran it at default settings when it detected what system I was installing on. So it's probably not on the highest settings, no. And i have no idea if it has AA/AF!!.

Are you kidding me?
No. It's pretty much every texture in HL2 + Ep1 + Ep2 redone in much much higher resolution, that's why it's so big. Does it really matter? Even with an average internet connection it can be downloaded over a few days (or one night) using the torrent.

I got it in a few hours :p
What do you think of it? I love almost everything, the textures and lighting are excellent. The one thing i dislike are some of the new faces and clothing for the characters (Mossman and Eli mainly). And some clothing for civilians looks kind of plain. I'd have preferred a higher res texture but the same face, like you can have with Alyx.

I got up to Nova Prospekt with the Beta 1 but then downloaded the lastest version and am currently going through the Water Hazard campaign, it does actually look better than Beta 1 after installing the update.

I played it a while back, I thought it was ok, seen better textures in other games but overall it's nice. Shame I'm spoilt by destructive scenery and massive physics from other games though as HL2 has only a pinch of that stuff.

I played it a while back, I thought it was ok, seen better textures in other games but overall it's nice. Shame I'm spoilt by destructive scenery and massive physics from other games though as HL2 has only a pinch of that stuff.
CM10 is probably worth another run through if you've only played through the early CM versions. Though there is obviously a limit to the amount you can play through one game regardless of how good the graphics are.

Back
Top Bottom