The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

whats funny is the ones with pirate copies all have cracking Hi-Spec PC's that dont come cheap yet cant spend £17-20 on a game legally to play on it !

@zytok , how much does the HDR mod affect performance in rFactor, and where can i grab it from ? cheers

email in trust, I'll send it you it's quite small. The one I use barely affects performance and I think looks rather sweet. It is fully customisable so you can tweak to your hearts content though the blur and dof effects don't work too well so I've turned them off.

What would have been funny is him posting an actual image of his cd...

What difference does it make ? People can't post pics of a downloaded copy before release but if he'd have a cd it'd have been alright all the sudden, what difference does this make to the forum :confused: ?

couple more for the road

rfactor2009091422261694.jpg

racesteam20090914204716.jpg

a couple of Mass Effect celebrating me finnishing the game last weekend.

masseffect2009091215510.jpg

masseffect2009091319353.jpg

and finally one of some mucky bird's norks.....:)

tru2009081513353173.jpg

Last edited:
email in trust, I'll send it you it's quite small. The one I use barely affects performance and I think looks rather sweet. It is fully customisable so you can tweak to your hearts content though the blur and dof effects don't work too well so I've turned them off.

many thanks, i want to try it with the F1 mOD ... ill post a few pics

What difference does it make ? People can't post pics of a downloaded copy before release but if he'd have a cd it'd have been alright all the sudden, what difference does this make to the forum :confused: ?

the forum has rules which are in place for a reason , maybe the real question is why people feel the need to promote pictures from pirated software ?

Make sure you also download this 3rd party sound script, it really adds to the atmosphere of the game

http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23033

I can't remember which download link I used but I know at least one of them works. Amazing the quality of the free stuff you can get for this game.

thanks for this, by the way how do you get your player shadows to be transparent, mine are solid black :(

also are you running Windows 7 and/or do you have trouble launching the game?

What do I do with the .ssf file?

Last edited:

Yes it would have shown he had a legit copy, and it would then have been fine to show screenshots.

TC

thanks for this, by the way how do you get your player shadows to be transparent, mine are solid black :(

also are you running Windows 7 and/or do you have trouble launching the game?

What do I do with the .ssf file?

The black shadows is an ATI driver thing I think. I'm Nvidia here. Apparently though you can force AA with Ati, whereas it is decidely hit and miss with Nvidia. Running Vista 64, same as you it failed to open properly the very first time I ran it, but has been fine since. Don't think I had to messa bout with compatability or anything. Put the sff file whereevr you want, I put it in the Links2003 root folder, then go options>sound settings and navigate to the .ssf script for botht the normal play and torunment play boxes.

rfactorcentral is probably the best as their downloads are scored by the community so you can tell how good a mod is just by checking the score. They even have a Hall of Fame (ie top 10 mods).

Otherwise check out nogripracing, seems to have more stuff including stuff for GTR/Race etc but the downloads are not scored so you don't really know what you're getting until you try.

You get Bathurst as part of the V8 Factor mod which is very highly rated.

Back
Top Bottom