The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Its a png file you nupty i wanted not to lose too much quality in the screenie so opted for png over jpg. Anyhow theres lots of mb files in this thread so go suck a lemon.

it wouldnt be so bad if you choose a decent host where it downloaded faster than 12kb/s.

but its still retarded someone was showing another one of you massive file size people the other day how he could drop the file size massively and the image still looked exactly the same.

if you think its so cool i can go take a bunch of screenshots have the file 4mb each in size and post around 10 screenshots and see what peoples reactions are when a page jumps all over as they load

JPEG can be terrible and MS paint doesn't save in good JPG quality, you need a 3rd party app to select the jpeg compression, so PNG is the natural next choice. Though skeeter's host was indeed a tad too slow, this is a high res screenshot thread, go post in the 800x600 thread if you want quick loading ( and post thumbnails if you want bigger pics). Just load the thread in a new tab with your MMB and wait a minute for the 80 posts to load while browsing something else. Or get a better ISP, 50 mb isn't expensive these days.

Last edited:
We have a bigger problem than bad JPG compression or large PNG files: the inability to name what game the screenshots came from. It seems a lot of people suffer from this condition.

Like snowdog said above, get a program that can save JPGs with high quality compression. FRAPS by default takes very poor JPGs.

'can be' terrible yes, doesn't mean it has to be though.

Plenty of online alternatives if the quality of paint isn't satisfactory, you don't even have to install them if you're that averse to having an image editing program installed.

pixlr is a good example

'can be' terrible yes, doesn't mean it has to be though.

Plenty of online alternatives if the quality of paint isn't satisfactory, you don't even have to install them if you're that averse to having an image editing program installed.

pixlr is a good example

It's still more hassle, there could be a ''high res JPEG'' thread though for people who don't like the waiting times. I persoanlly don't care and prefer the loading time over the hassle to convert from png to jpg.

BTW, for old games like openttd ( 256 color games), PNG produces better results at smaller file size than JPG which creates a lot of artifacts, hence I used PNG for the openttd shots.

Meh, i'd view the 'hassle' as common courtesy, a few seconds extra to make everyone elses experience of using the thread more pleasant seems the logical thing to do to me, clearly not everyone feels like that though.

JPEG can be terrible and MS paint doesn't save in good JPG quality, you need a 3rd party app to select the jpeg compression, so PNG is the natural next choice. Though skeeter's host was indeed a tad too slow, this is a high res screenshot thread, go post in the 800x600 thread if you want quick loading ( and post thumbnails if you want bigger pics). Just load the thread in a new tab with your MMB and wait a minute for the 80 posts to load while browsing something else. Or get a better ISP, 50 mb isn't expensive these days.

whats 50mb going to do if someone hosts 2.8mb images on a host that is slower 128k?

How many times do I have to recommend photofiltre. IT IS A FREE PHOTO EDITING SOFTWARE THAT HAS THE CAPABILITY TO TURN BMP/PNG INTO HIGH QUALITY JPG.

And whats with the attitudes lately. This is a family forum that thousands of people use daily. If people are moaning in the majority then get a clue.

But there are people moaning! This is a screenshot thread not the tate museum. I'm not about to start criticizing your picture quality, hell I can barely tell the difference between JPG done badly and PNG/BMP. And I doubt anyone here really cares how good your picture quality is. Why don't we all go do what this stems from, play a game!

90s graphics is like your sig......[/QUO

I know.. you would think they would have made graphical advances for a 2010game and not make it look like a 90's game :D

the stalker games are all about the lighting/shadows textures etc crap then fixed in mods but when it's dark and there's moving light sources it looks better than anything else :p

Some more Dead Space:

deadspace20100205194254.jpg

deadspace20100205202022.jpg

deadspace20100205202148.jpg

deadspace20100205202149.jpg

deadspace20100205211650.jpg

How many times do I have to recommend photofiltre. IT IS A FREE PHOTO EDITING SOFTWARE THAT HAS THE CAPABILITY TO TURN BMP/PNG INTO HIGH QUALITY JPG.

And whats with the attitudes lately. This is a family forum that thousands of people use daily. If people are moaning in the majority then get a clue.

Thanks, Im going to start using that

More Mass Effect 2
masseffect23.jpg

masseffect24.jpg

Wise words there :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom