The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Hi guys, picked up stalker: COP today, got to say, excellent game, really enjoying it so far, graphics are incredible in places, love how the game has no "glossiness" looks very dark and the atmosphere is very tense when things go dark.
Anyway, here's some pics of the first hour i played.
Graphics are on maximum.

xrEngine2010-02-1818-16-05-57.jpg

xrEngine2010-02-1818-16-25-26.jpg

xrEngine2010-02-1818-18-10-93.jpg

xrEngine2010-02-1818-33-20-87.jpg

xrEngine2010-02-1818-46-52-93.jpg

xrEngine2010-02-1818-48-42-70.jpg

Yeah thats one thing the xray/stalker engine does well is global lighting. CoP is particularly nice, it makes nights feel properly dark even on default settings plus its adds more variety in the night skies as well, a clear moon lit night you're going to be okay running around with your torch but on an overcast night you'll be stumbling into anomalies and crevasse's if you're not careful.

You forget what darkness really is till you play Stalker. Pretty much any sandbox or open world game that comes to mind, darkness doesn't mean a lot. The 'moonlight' is always so bright theres almost no need for anything that would enable you to see in the dark better like night vision spells/weapon mods.

The world is just pitch black, with only the tiny amount your puny torch illuminates visible. I must say 1 of the best moments of CoP so far was from the screenshots on the last page, taking out a large group of Bandits with a Sniper rifle at long range, using vague outlines and lighting flashes to take shots.

You forget what darkness really is till you play Stalker. Pretty much any sandbox or open world game that comes to mind, darkness doesn't mean a lot. The 'moonlight' is always so bright theres almost no need for anything that would enable you to see in the dark better like night vision spells/weapon mods.

Absolutely agree with this, one of the things I used to absolutely adore about some of the early MMOs were the different "vision" spells, like night vision and infravision etc, really preferred that to most of the modern MMOs where there is virtually no visual difference between night and day.

Stalker clear sky

ssalan021910174823marsh.jpg

ssalan021910175530marsh.jpg

I think this is my favourite of the stalker games.

If they added the artefact respawning from Cop to it, it would be perfect.

Looks very good tefal :) never played clear sky, been playing Cop on and off today when i've had the chance, the game is utterly terrifying at night, the atmosphere the game create is very tense, I've made a short video which i'm uploading to the tube now, will post a link along with more screenshots soon.

oh yeah the stalker games are ones that if I'm out at some camp fire with 2 or so gusy at night I will actuality sit there and wait for the sun to come up before leaving as they actually make me scared of the dark >.<

I have been running forwards at night and occasionally fallen down a hole into an anomoly area because i didn't see it ><

Tbh, running around at night isn't the problem. Its when your 'Line of Sight' bar fills with green and you've no idea where the enemy is thats a problem :D

:) if i see the "line of sight" bar move at night, i just keep sprinting for as long as i can! I hate it when my stamina runs too low because tbh i'm terrified to turn around, its gets even worse when your underground in tunnels or buildings.

Back
Top Bottom