The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

84843205.jpg

The textures are superb on metro 2033, I love the weapons and little things like having to check the watch to see how long the gas mask filters will last. Also the magneto for charging the torch.

Not played much yet but feels a little slow in places with everything on high, 4x AA @1680x1050

might tweak the settings a little bit.

Those screenys of it are stunning

The textures are superb on metro 2033, I love the weapons and little things like having to check the watch to see how long the gas mask filters will last. Also the magneto for charging the torch.

Not played much yet but feels a little slow in places with everything on high, 4x AA @1680x1050

are there any things like weapon jams?

And does the stealth work or are the enemies able to see you in the darkest corner (without night vision) instantly?

Also is ammo suitably scarce?

Ie you've only got a couple of mags and alwayus having to use it carefully.

Never 400+ rounds of ammo 5 different guns al with 500 ammo and ammo every 5 feet?

I really wan ta good hardcore shooter that punishes Doom style play :D

Huge fan of the Stalker games and Metro 2033 looks to be a good game. Anyone running it on a lower spec'd system? I have a q6600 and a 8800GTS 512 just wondering how it runs or if this is a complete system killer?

That star wars republic Commando shot doesn't look to bad still. The character models seemed to have stood the test of time quite well.

Yeah character models still hold up pretty well although combat is feeling a little outdated by today's standards. Some of the environments also look pretty bad in places too but this is a Quake 3 engine variant AFAIK. I'll get some more pictures posted later.

Thank you, glad you liked the shots. The B-52 is here: http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/. There is good news and bad news on the B-52. It is easily the best visual model out there atm and it only costs 10 euros, but, there is no VC (virtual cockpit) designed for it, it comes with the default B747 cockpit, hence why it is only 10 euros. The model is superb but until someone designs a proper B-52 VC for it, you may want to hold back on getting it. I personally love it and whether some company will designs a VC for it (which most likely will happen at some point, the 3rd party software for FSX is HUGE!) that will only be a bonus to me, I enjoy FSX mainly for the view & visuals, not so much for the technical aspect of aviation.

Grats on getting the X52 Pro & FSX, I have the X52 standard and I love it, I hear the Pro is even better. As for addons, I can highly recommend REX2.0, TBH it is a must, default FSX just does not look anywhere near as good. Also suggest you carefully read this link http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041 it is one of the best pages on info & tweaking your FSX. Although better hardware will make your FSX look better, software tweaking for your specific hardware is crucial to get the best out of it. I would also highly recommend to check out the freeware util called ENB series (mentioned on that link I think) it adds HDR lighting to FSX. As for scenery, I would highly recommend you decide first on where you would prefer to fly, UTX & GEX is good but IMO nowhere near as good as properly made photoreal & autogen scenery but ofcourse that tends to be more expensive in the long run. I can highly recommend Alderney by ES, http://www.earthsimulations.com/ it is easily the best made scenery and that company are doing more UK Isles soon. There are many more but for both scenery & aircraft, I would recommend you read reviews first before committing to something and really look around what is out there, cause there is a TON of both freeware & payware stuff available (if you check my previous posts or my screenshots posts on most major FS forums, you will find I always tell what addons I am using which may help you). Good luck.

I was going to ask you about the performance tweaking and what terrain textures you were using as I could put up a pic of REX 2.0 with GEX/UTX Europe at 1920x1080 ultra settings right now and I can guarantee that your pics still look better!!!

I'm the same, I do like to (try) and fly things properly (I bought PMDG's J41) but the visuals are cool and you don't see those sitting on the ground pre-flight checking for hours on end, so its good to just get in and get flyin, particularly the military aircraft - have you checked out the C-130 (which includes the AC-130) here: http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=313

Definately wouldn't mind knowing what addons your using, I am sorely missing some decent air ports!

BTW also using Traffic X and no idea what density to set it at! (40% atm).

Wow the earthsimulations scenery is amazing, wish I had seen that before I bought UTX/GEX Europe!

Last edited:
rfbsmlogo.png

Germans come across the bridge and start the assault.
crimsontidebridge01.jpg

They open fire on the Russians.
crimsontidebridge02.jpg

Russians return fire. Especially the AT weapon.
crimsontidebridge03.jpg

Panzer 4 takes a hit from the Russian AT. Doesn't hit a track but does take some damage.
crimsontidebridge04.jpg

My metro 2033 contribution

*Edit- First time ive ever uploaded a pic so sorry ive screwed up on the size :( but it was ingame at 1920x1080 with max settings dx11...

Last edited:
I was going to ask you about the performance tweaking and what terrain textures you were using as I could put up a pic of REX 2.0 with GEX/UTX Europe at 1920x1080 ultra settings right now and I can guarantee that your pics still look better!!!

I'm the same, I do like to (try) and fly things properly (I bought PMDG's J41) but the visuals are cool and you don't see those sitting on the ground pre-flight checking for hours on end, so its good to just get in and get flyin, particularly the military aircraft - have you checked out the C-130 (which includes the AC-130) here: http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=313

Definately wouldn't mind knowing what addons your using, I am sorely missing some decent air ports!

BTW also using Traffic X and no idea what density to set it at! (40% atm).

Wow the earthsimulations scenery is amazing, wish I had seen that before I bought UTX/GEX Europe!

Right, don't forget to make sure you pick up the tweak tips from that link I posted, most of my tweaks I got from there. Pay special attention to texture_bandwidth_mult (I tend to have it at 400 for photoreal sceneries) & lod_radius (default is at 4.50000 mine is at 9.50000, you will need to experiment).

In a nutshell differences between GEX/UTX vs Photoreal scenery(1m per pixel or better): GEX/UTX- takes up less HD install space, less resource intense, cover large areas, different season looks, but has 'generic' look to it, no real ground detail for the area concerned. Photoreal, ground detail is taken from satellite images, if done properly (some photoreal can be very poorly done, beware!) the conversion to FSX landscape can be truely breathtaking (as seen by many of my screenshots), does take up loads and loads more HD space due to the fact you are storing highly detailed image files, also means takes up more resources when running it through FSX, espcially physical memory, more then likely will start to get problems with blurries, depending on HD access speed etc. Has only 1 look to it, ie no seasonal changes cause you are really looking at a static image taken from a satellite, you might need a proper MESH loaded for the area concerned as the default FSX mesh my not look right especially close up. Thats as brief of an explanation as I can make it.

If you are after good airport addons, I can recommend Manchester Xtreme by UK2000, I recently got it and it is very good, their other airports are very good too. Aerosoft do many great European airports but the best would have to be Alderney by Earth Simulation and their latest airport/scenery, Isles of Scillies, this is simply mind blowing. It is about to be released and I HIGHLY recommend you get it, you will not be disappointed. Will have some screenshots of this great new scenery by ES within the next few weeks.

Again, AI usage is covered in that tweak link I gave. I tend to have mine either off or at 100%, but that is mainly for small airports or if I want to take screenshots, as it does hit the FPS pretty hard.

As for the C-130 package, I already got it and it is superb:
2009-7-10_5-19-36-779.jpg

2009-7-10_5-32-44-212.jpg

2009-7-12_1-39-34-352.jpg

2009-7-12_1-6-21-204.jpg

2009-7-26_0-48-4-874.jpg

2009-7-28_23-54-11-415.jpg

2009-7-29_0-12-49-270.jpg

2009-7-29_23-2-55-184.jpg

2009-7-12_2-5-30-195.jpg

I hope the info I wrote will help.

I thought some of the textures looked awful, for example snow textures on the ground.

BF:BC2

Tried to get some action shots so i set fraps to take a screenie every 60 seconds as every 10 made the game feel jerky. Didnt get many good shots, lots of walls and menus.

@1920x1200 (resized to 1200x750) DX10 medium settings with 2xAA 8xAF HBAO off and bloom off.

BFBC2Game-2010-03-21-16-58-00-26.jpg

BFBC2Game-2010-03-21-17-06-00-17.jpg

BFBC2Game-2010-03-21-17-19-43-25.jpg

Really like that last shot, catches the feeling of the game. Exerything around you exploding and your just legging it!

Back
Top Bottom