The how much data do you use thread.

Soldato
I'm on Three with 30GB data, but the most I usually use is about 5GB. I don't really need 30GB data but it's nice to have and not very expensive.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have 20GB with voda but I barely use more than 6GB over a month., it's just nice to have it available when I need it more than anything.

Permabanned
I don't understand why you wouldn't use Wifi where possible - It's quicker than 4G.

Unless you have ropey old 'g wifi.

Not sure about others but I only use 4G when away from home, I refuse to use public Wifi and asking for Wifi access when you're a guest in someones house is a bit cheeky imo.

Caporegime
Oh yeah, I meant at home/work. I don't mind using public wifi that doesn't ask for any details - The phones tell you if the connection is secure or not.

What my friends tend to do now when they have people around for a BBQ or whatever is send a picture of the Wifi name/password via Whatsapp and then people can use it if they wish.

Permabanned
Oh yeah, I meant at home/work. I don't mind using public wifi that doesn't ask for any details - The phones tell you if the connection is secure or not.

What my friends tend to do now when they have people around for a BBQ or whatever is send a picture of the Wifi name/password via Whatsapp and then people can use it if they wish.

I wouldn't have considered doing that, it's a good idea for a BBQ though.

When we allowed everyone in IT to use Wifi everyone else complained it was too slow so we don't do that anymore and the password changes every month so I tend not to bother with it.

Soldato
I use about 8-10GB a month, barely use it to watch Youtube or the like but I seemingly tend to burn through data using Whatsapp and Play Newstand (or whatever its called these days).

Man of Honour
I don't understand why you wouldn't use Wifi where possible - It's quicker than 4G.

Unless you have ropey old 'g wifi.
no wifi, public or otherwise at work sites and most shifts I'm there in case of emergencies so just have to sit waiting for phone calls. Can easily be several Gb a shift with netflix, youtube etc.
one way or another this is going to change in the next month or two when I change jobs.

I see three are soon going to be offering a service #gobinge where Netflix and other streaming services are not going to count towards your data limit.

Associate
OP
no wifi, public or otherwise at work sites and most shifts I'm there in case of emergencies so just have to sit waiting for phone calls. Can easily be several Gb a shift with netflix, youtube etc.
one way or another this is going to change in the next month or two when I change jobs.

I see three are soon going to be offering a service #gobinge where Netflix and other streaming services are not going to count towards your data limit.

https://www.facebook.com/ThreeUK/videos/1748539638494315/ there is the binge video.

Last edited:
Associate
Under 2gb a month, but I spend most of the time in areas where WIFI is available. That being said, my usage may increase with the announcement that three made.

Back
Top Bottom