The Hunter

Caporegime
nice price drop on all licenses just gone live. i think its to do with this going live on steam soon :cool: many have waited long time for this to be on steam should really get the game noticed.

two new videos from me

Rabbit hunting

Loggers point for trophy pheasants and Mule deer

Associate
I really like the look of this game, I was thinking of getting it and paying it with my mate, I presume you can team up and hunt together?

Yes you can, you will need to buy separate licenses for hunting specific animals or buy a 3 month pass to hunt anything but mule deer but the game really is fantastic.

You start out with a 243. The rifle, which is okay, but limits you on what you can shoot. I purchased the 8x57 IS Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle with the 12x50mm Scope and can't go wrong.

I like hunting Deer and Elk mainly as I love hearing the sounds they make. I've not really hunting with anyone but like to hunt on Whitehart Island if anyone is interested.

Caporegime
its more of a simulator winch. you dont need to goto stands. you could also just get a tent put it where you want ( your hotspot, then spawn there)

check the forums for official guides and such on playing if you struggling.

if you want to hunt all animals and all reserves you buy a license which can be 3 months , 6 months , 12 months.

you use ethical guns/weapons for each animal.

the best package is the trail runner ($49.99 dollars which is about 30 quid ) that gives you a 12 month license hunt all 18 animals and you get all the guns you need and other gear included to hunt everything everywhere. thing is that package gives you about 20 quids worth of gear.

the normal 1 year license is $35.00 which is about 23 quid i think so its worth it for the extra as you get some of the best gear you nee to play.

this is one of the only games i rate fully as the devs listen and make the changes often to community asked things. which is very rare these days in popular games.

you can play multiplayer (upto 8 players ) there is a learning curve but for lasting appeal games need that. thats why so many of us get bored quickly now with many other games.

free version lets you hunt just mule deer on loggers point and is on steam.

if anyone wants a game and needs a hand i dont mind setting up a room to do a tour ;)

also for those of us who are competitive there are about 20 comps a day. so lots to do and have fun with whether casual or to play to win.

Associate
Yes you can, you will need to buy separate licenses for hunting specific animals or buy a 3 month pass to hunt anything but mule deer but the game really is fantastic.

You start out with a 243. The rifle, which is okay, but limits you on what you can shoot. I purchased the 8x57 IS Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle with the 12x50mm Scope and can't go wrong.

I like hunting Deer and Elk mainly as I love hearing the sounds they make. I've not really hunting with anyone but like to hunt on Whitehart Island if anyone is interested.

When you say I have to buy separate licenses to hunt specific animals, as in spend real money to buy sort of DLC licenses so I can hunt other things?

Caporegime
you just buy one license for all.

so you buy a 3 months, 6 months , 12 months. they cover you for all animals.

buy them from theHunter.com though and its cheaper than on steam ;)

what i generally recommend is try the free version give it some time to learn dont judge on ten minutes and do tutorials. then if you like get the trail runner pack to hunt all and have all good weapons and items.

top package works out about 3 quid a month with all in. so a pint a month .

Last edited:
Soldato
Might pick that up. Haven't played this for ages so would like to see how it has changed. I always liked hunting moose. The calls the big bulls make are just awesome. I remember when they first added them and I heard it the first time. Nearly*removed* a brick! Might have to dust off the old rifle for that price. It's a nice relaxing game to play, unless you are tracking a particularly flighty high score buck.

Caporegime
each hunt is different. fresh loadout.

so if you spot a monster you need to get it that hunt :D

certain animals do are in the same areas though so say if you spot a elk in a forrest area you may see another in same place in a different hunt.

many of us make routes we follow.

if you want ill take you on a hunt in mp if you want.show you whatever you want to know about or animal.

Soldato
each hunt is different. fresh loadout.

so if you spot a monster you need to get it that hunt :D

certain animals do are in the same areas though so say if you spot a elk in a forrest area you may see another in same place in a different hunt.

many of us make routes we follow.

if you want ill take you on a hunt in mp if you want.show you whatever you want to know about or animal.

Ah i get you now :) I have just purchased this game via the link posted for £8.91, is that all i need to get going?

Just waiting for the email to come through now :)

Back
Top Bottom