The Hunter

Caporegime
DG, I notice in the top picture there your gun sight has the distances on it. Is this a new thing?

thats not a gun sight its a new thing its a digital range finder :cool: you can now measure distances and so on and in distance comps like that one its vital to be very precise.

will be a few changes since you last played it im betting.

Eames it isnt easy too get the big animals that win comps or put you on lederboards. its not too hard to get smaller does and so on but bucks take a lot of patience and skill and game sense.its very realistic.

basically you start out at a point on the map a cabin. you can go whereever on the map you choose to look for animals. you will find tracks along your way. you have a pda to tell you what kind of animal track it is and a rough location. you have to find other tracks until u see said animal. sounds simple but sometimes youll be swearing lol. basically your after male bucks or males in general as females dont score as they have no antlers and so on.

some animals are loners or you can get packs really is random to what you come across as you roam the wilderness.graphics are right up there with anything even crysis.theres going to be a engine update hopefully soon aswell maybe few months and it will look even better .

deffo worth giving a try on free and see how you go on. its not everyones cup of tea but it is graphically stunning and a genuine pc game which is hard to say with the console ports that we get fed now.

if anyone on here wants to add me to chat in game im ronMctube. please say who you are though .

Last edited:
Soldato

Ah ok so the .243 rifle and everything else that was/is free is also included in the basic packages. Makes more sense. Still a bit rubbish though as I'm only really interested in the rifles, so would have to buy the top package to get anything other than the .243, which probably isn't great for larger game if they've simulated things well.

Caporegime
well the best rifle is the 300 with a x9 scope

what you could do is buy the cheapest package which is 9 quid english (3 month license) and buy some ems . you can get these from docs outfitters.

500 ems = about 3 quid goto docs and see what you can get.

so if you want you could buy so many ems and buy what you want.

essential guns are 44 magnum can kill everything ethical.
300 rifle+ x9 scope
shotgun maybe
bow if you like bow hunting. its a full compound rambo style bow very good and life like. harder to use but good for silent kills.

this may work out better for you if may not. in the long run if you stick at it te dearest one is best as you get everything and no purchases needed for a yr minimum.

Caporegime
is a whole new area was part of te big island been split off from that and totally redone with rivers and other different things like old abandonded barns shooting platforms and other things.

out the 13th dec should be sweet

Associate
Just got back into playing this. Well actually, playing it properly for the first time really.

Thought I'd search for the Hunter thread but didn't expect it to be active at all.

Added you Dg btw.

I've got to say it's been a pleasant change of pace to say BC2. A nice compliment if you will. After spending a little on the Wayfarer's bundle, ended up spending even more on weapons, scopes, equipment and clothing.

Gotta be honest, not much choice in the camo section. Think it may be pricey to keep topping up on the urine, scent eliminator and wind indicator.

Caporegime
its up to you i dont use scents and the urine and stuff i just use my common sense and knowledge of the game. some swear by them . you can get monster animals to win comps without anything its really down to common sense and learning the game.

its not a cod game you have to learn the land be stealthy when needed recognise things and work out what will and wont work.

new island is open on monday :cool:

adam whats your ingame name ?

Associate
DonAdam. Added mate.

The stealthy-ness I'm learning slowly.

I was hunting a mule buck earlier for Doc. Noticed some Female Mules (Doe's?) and didn't want to bother them as not to alert others. And it was quite nice to be taking photos of them, staying hidden, and just for fun trying to get close to them.

Have you noticed whether or not fleeing animals alert other animals to flee? I would imagine so but not seen it yet.

Back
Top Bottom