The Huw Edwards situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It actually sounds almost like a "sugar daddy" type thing, or the parents might get some egg on their face as I can think of a couple of ways someone in 18-25 could be earning that sort of money of photos. and possibly not from a single source.

and they may never have known they were funding a drug habit. The mother is probably more worried about that, than some old perv looking at photos. Not that that's an excuse, but this would have all kicked off over the drugs more than anything. Now....if they did know how the money was being spent that's a whole new level of trouble.

IF this is true!

Karma is a bitch though

Last edited:
Soldato
In fact, never trust the Sun.

Who buys this peice of bumwipe drivel of a rag called The Sun anyway?

That is testament to the number of uneducated people in the UK.

Oh you'd be surprised how many idiots live here in the UK

Don't mistake being uneducated for being unintelligent, though there is a considerable overlap. I'm told it takes considerable skill to write sufficiently simply for Sun readers.

Soldato
Oh you'd be surprised how many idiots live here in the UK

50% of people have an IQ lower than 100 and 100 is really not very high, it's only 25 away from being a borderline literal moron :cool:

Soldato
All likelihood is The Sun stirring the **** seeing as they have changed their tune from late last week.

Now it looks like everyone are covered in ****.

Soldato

More details from letter sent by young person's lawyer​

We can now bring you some more details from the letter sent to the BBC earlier by a lawyer representing the young person at the centre of these allegations.
The lawyer says that press reporting amounted to an invasion of privacy, and criticises both the Sun and the BBC for not contacting their client.
"Nobody from the Sun newspaper appears to have made any attempt to contact our client prior to the publication of the allegations on Friday 6 July,” the lawyer writes.
The lawyer also claims in the letter that the mother and the young person are estranged.

Soldato
Caporegime
I wonder why the apparent presenter concerned hasn't issued a statement denying all of it? If there was absolutely nothing to it then they could just come out and say: "I've never paid a teenager for naked pictures, the picture circulating of me is photoshopped etc.."?

I mean that may still be the case but it's curious that they seemingly haven't stuck their hand up and issued some denial? Or perhaps the PR advice is to not do so (though other presenters have gone with denials).

Likewise the alleged (on the part of the mother at least) "victim" has gone with a statement denying anything illegal or inappropriate which also doesn't necessarily exclude most of the story/allegations but could simply (in the worst case, if true) mean that the story is correct and they were 18+ when it started.

I guess; adult person who is famous pays another adult person for consensually taken pics isn't really anyone else's business. Though if it becomes publicly known (other than by rumours/insinuations) then it's perhaps not necessarily a good look for a BBC presenter (especially if the other adult was a teenage adult when this started and spending it on drugs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom