The Huw Edwards situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Have they?
Evidence to back or just throwing out information worthy of being in The Sun?

We can't know for sure, but I strongly suspect the person involved would have offered a denial by now.

I'm not really sure I'm onboard with the "BBC employees are paid for by the taxpayer, so what they spend their wages on is our business" narrative though.

As long as it's not illegal.

At this stage we don't know if the drugs claims are actually real, if this person really was "vulnerable" etc.

Yes that's fair enough, hence why they need time to investigate - but they've had a while.

Soldato
Or in a massive human tragedy, the media say among the victims are women and children. Should we feel more sympathetic as women and children died? Any human loss is a tragedy regardless of gender and age
I dunno... i must admit (ageist perhaps) but i think something like that school car accident is more of a tragedy than 2 adults getting run over. I mean both are sad but when its kids it makes me pause more.

the women thing you are objectively right... it is a hang up from the old days and should be considered sexist now.... of course it does not work like that... its only sexist if its negative against women, not negative against men ;)

*and i am part of that... i will still offer my seat up to a woman on a bus...... but unless it is an older feller or one with an obvious issue i aint giving my seat up to a bloke.

Caporegime
p07ds9pc.jpg

Suspect has been named as Tinky Winky from the Teletubbies.........

Caporegime
Have they?
Evidence to back or just throwing out information worthy of being in The Sun?

Whether the allegations are true or not, it's generally pretty obvious who is at the centre of those allegations now, so I would say yes, most people probably have worked out who it is.

Soldato
I still find it hard to believe people buy newspapers anymore.

Last one I bought was a Christmas special, about thirty years ago! :p

Why?

Not everyone has access to digital media, my nan for example doesn't have the internet, and likes to read a paper and do the crossword in it, and view the TV guide.

Last edited:
Associate
The photo is all over the net, I'm surprised you haven't seen it, it's all over 4chan
Whether the allegations are true or not, it's generally pretty obvious who is at the centre of those allegations now, so I would say yes, most people probably have worked out who it is.
Not a user of 4chan.
been through the Twittersphere and found 2 names, one that is plastered with daily mail articles etc etc and only a couple about the other which I believe is who you are referring to in this case.

Man of Honour
Unfortunately this person's career is over. I'm not even sure at this stage whether the allegations are true or not. I'm not sure whether the photo is real or someone had the bare faced cheek to photoshop it. But even if everything is completely untrue I think "mud sticks" and it is the end of their career.

Soldato
I think we know this is going to be a cover up. Whether there as been a crime or not what as happened is disgusting. We know who it is because of the picture been posted. I suspect that photo came from the parents as they reportedly have taken photos of other material on the phone that they could release.

The guy should be sacked at the very least for bringing the company in to disrepute. But we know he'll get the softest treatment as the old boys network is in play.

Anyone not as high up would have been booted long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom