The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
OP
Correct - in ERG mode the climbs/descents are basically only there for viewing etc - if you interval is a rest one but you on a climb on the screen, it basically ignores the climb in terms of difficulty etc

Yeah - that's right as well.

I created a 5 min warm up, then 30 seconds @ ftp plus 60W and 30 seconds at 120W x 20 interval training, then 5 min cooldown. 30 min workout in ERG mode for the days when I'm short on time.

Which is good, can you imagine sprinting up a 15% when you're training? Would be easier to hit the power mind, and more "life like" but I like the ERG mode for pure intervals and training purposes.

Soldato
OP
I did a workout I designed last night, which was the first one I have made and instantly want to make changes to it.

With my current FTP set at 271w
Did:
- 5 min warm up to 220w
- 5 min @ 220w
- 8 min @ 255w
- 1 min @ 340w
- 8 min @ 255w
- 1 min @ 340w
- 8 min @ 255w
- 1 min @ 340w
- 5 min @ 255w
- 5 min warm down

What I should have done was added a bit of a drop after the 1 min sections, say a 180w/200w 1 min and then back to 255w. Legs were hurting towards the end!

Going to do one that OCZ have done tonight, looks pretty brutal, for me it's:

- 5 min @ 140w
- 1 min build up to 200w
- 5 min @ 200w
- 1 min built up to 255w
- 2 min @ 255w
- 2 min free ride
- 2 x 20 MIN @ 271w (FTP)
- 5 min rest at 140w between each

Let's see how I fair with that one later.

Soldato
OP
Did the ZZRC Sub 3.0 ride last night. Front group went off like the clappers, considering it's a group ride not a race, sheeeesh. I tried to hold up, but I was feeling tired before I even got on the bike so was just blowing nothing. Kept up for about 20mins and then they got the jump over the cobbles and were off when I was out the main group.
Meant I had 40mins pretty much on my own, other than one guy, as we were about 2 mins ahead of the group behind.
Good workout mind!

Soldato
OP
Had a ride out tonight on Zwift after too much steak at lunch. Was going to do the KISS C but by the time I changed it, I was already warming up and it routed me to the SUB2 UK ride, which I was going to do before. I clearly didn't do sub 2, stuck with a few guys at the front who broke off fast. Was a nice steady ride out. Wife did a good 52km on there while I was doing that. Fair play to her, she's storming.

I'm going to try and get up for the OCZ decaf at 7am tomorrow. 2 laps at 2.2w/kg and then flat out last lap. That'll wake me up.

Anyone doing the KISS GCN takeover Tuesday race? I think I'm going to aim for that one, too. It's cold as anything out here this week.

Soldato
OP
You probably stand up more when riding on the road?

I think a fully fixed bike doesn't help with this. Maybe the rock N roll & the Neo which allow for a bit of movement are better.

I just did 45 mins after dinner as I have hardly been riding and needed to do something!

Had to really cut back on the food so I don't pile weight on, combined with sitting on my backside all day at work meant I felt flat as a tack.

On the road I'm fine, it's just the trainer. I don't get out the saddle really at all. I like food, so am continuing to aim for 200km a week. Only hit 100 so far, so going to get a morning ride in tomorrow and then Pretzel full route at the weekend.

Soldato
OP
Mate ZZRC sub 3.0 is BS! Did the same for me and I was lost. I tried to hold on out the gates and hammered it. Did a whole lap on the front group and was spent. Couldn't hold that sort of pace, it was mental.

I need to get back on, hoping my back is better at the moment, pulled muscle had me out of work for 2 weeks and couldn't relaly walk or even sit much. Still have this dodgy knee, too. Just not had the chance to see anyone about it as I've been out with the back. Bit crap really. That and trying to move house and everything, my riding has been sub poor. Rode to work Monday and it hurt, think it's leaning over, full aero. :p Didn't hurt as much tonight when I rode to pick up the hire car.

Trainer should help though, as I can sit up straight more. I'll get some in next week... ease in to it. Oh, still not got my Flux delivered... it's been 5 months! :( they offered me my money back but it's still a really good price, if they ever send it. Luckily I have 2 Vortex's here, so not like I'm desperate.

Missed you all x

Soldato
OP
THE FLUX HAS ARRIVED. It's hiding in my car... might try and get rid of the Vortex before I get it out/ swap it over haha

We're moving, which is costly, and so I've told her to reign in her "I want to buy all new furniture" actions, and so she'll give me a whole heap of **** for this (even though I bought it in Nov!)

Back
Top Bottom